Window Crank Problem ...

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Window Crank Problem ...

Post by Fast79Chief »

Things were pretty well frozen here the other day and while warming up the Chief I tried to lower the drivers side window. I heard a 'pop' and the crank handle turned but the window did not come down.
Now since we have a thaw, the handle will turn for a couple revolutions but I have use my fingers to get the glass to go down. It drops to the level of where the crank has been turned. Interesting thing is it still will lift the window to closed position. It's the downward motion that seems to have a 'disconnect'.
Anybody know what broke here?
Any ideas?
Thanks.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

Chubbinius

Re: Window Crank Problem ...

Post by Chubbinius »

It's possible that the glass was held in place by ice or the cold and you just pulled the track/channel on the regulator off the glass when you rolled it down.

I would pull the door card and look at it, you may be able to use a rubber mallet or your hand to tap the glass gently back into the regulator channel. Check if the rubber is still in the channel or on the bottom 9f the window glass. Good luck
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Re: Window Crank Problem ...

Post by Fast79Chief »

Will do. Thanks!
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)