87 Grand Wagoneer AC

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
GrandW

87 Grand Wagoneer AC

Post by GrandW »

Okay, getting the dash put back together and am reconnecting the AC control module. Everything was going well when this black and red vacuum tube seems to have disconnected from.... somewhere.

2 of the other vacuum lines connect to that silver contraption (green lines). 1 additional lines runs way back, but seems okay. Any ideas where that red and black tube goes?

Appreciate it.Image

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Chevy powered Chief

Re: 87 Grand Wagoneer AC

Post by Chevy powered Chief »

Check the Vacuum switch in the dash. If you pulled off one of the 3 vac lines it won't send vac to the pots.

Topic author
GrandW

Post by GrandW »

Chevy powered Chief wrote:Check the Vacuum switch in the dash. If you pulled off one of the 3 vac lines it won't send vac to the pots.
Thanks for your response! Bit of delay, apologies.

The tube that's disconnected goes to this thing (picture), located on the passenger side, somewhat by the blower.

Anybody have a great way of knowing what size tube it is? When I tried to measure the tube for the 4x4, I ended up with $30 of too small tube...Image

1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Topic author
GrandW

Post by GrandW »

Even better than ordering new tube would be to find a new connector like this one. It says BMC 7 on it. Google searching and silicone tube BMC 7 give no leads.

Any ideas? Image

1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

letank

Post by letank »

it is a vacuum hose, match to the next size down and you are good as long as the fitting is tight
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
GrandW

Post by GrandW »

letank wrote:it is a vacuum hose, match to the next size down and you are good as long as the fitting is tight
Cool, I'll take a look. Inside diameter is either 3 or 3.5 mm. Was admittedly hoping to just use another plug thing to splice the two old pieces together. Thanks.

1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer