Need help finding a Window Motor Gear

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
riozilla

Need help finding a Window Motor Gear

Post by riozilla »

On my ‘88 Grand Wagoneer, the rear drivers side window motor gear (white plastic circle inside of window motor) needs to be replaced.

The motor works fine and the flex track is fully intact but my motor gear is split in half and broken. See pics below.

Where can I obtain a new window motor gear?

I searched part number on it but haven’t been able to find an exact match. It looks like Dorman and Cardone both make plastic window motor gears, but I can’t find anything so far that matches the part number or that looks the same.

I need part: 747-411 881 16050 which is what it says on my window gear that is broken.

I purchased one anyway and tried to make it work, it fit within the motor but it would not fit underneath the metal covering that mounts to the door frame and covers the gear when it is placed within the motor

Thank you in advance for any tips!

ImageImage

jpswapmohn

Re: Need help finding a Window Motor Gear

Post by jpswapmohn »

Where are you? I may still have mine from 88. I switched to the 90+ version with the metal drives. I am in VA.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Topic author
riozilla

Post by riozilla »

I’m in Austin. I’d happily pay you for it and to ship.

letank

Post by letank »

there was a post where somebody found a way to restore the plastic part, I searched but could not find it, either here or the mothership. I am sure that it is common to other brands of vehicles. No parts list in the online books
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
riozilla

Post by riozilla »

I tried cleaning mine, and using JB Weld to fix it and clamping it in a vice all night to see if that would work. Then I re-assembled the motor and window mechanism, put it back in my Wagoneer and then it broke again in about 30 seconds :)

78 WIDETRAC

Post by 78 WIDETRAC »

PM sent
91 Grand Wagoneer
89 Grand Wagoneer
80 Golden Hawk
81 Cherokee

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

riozilla wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:34 am I’m in Austin. I’d happily pay you for it and to ship.
I will check the next time i am home. It could be a couple of weeks.
They aren’t doing anything in the box in my garage (I am pretty sure I kept them..). Just the cost of shipping and one (or 4) are yours. Will just have to give me a chance to get them.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)