Kaiser-era Armrests

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
sierrablue

Kaiser-era Armrests

Post by sierrablue »

Some of you may have seen my post about 3D printing '63-'83 Wagoneer taillight lenses. I'm debating maybe figuring out some Kaiser-era style armrests, since they tend to fall apart. They would probably be one piece, of hard plastic, rather than the softer plastic w/steel inserts they originally were. I can't swear to that material part though, and if I upload a file to print, the plastic will be up to you.

Any interest in this?
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

deckside

Re: Kaiser-era Armrests

Post by deckside »

sierrablue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:13 pm Some of you may have seen my post about 3D printing '63-'83 Wagoneer taillight lenses. I'm debating maybe figuring out some Kaiser-era style armrests, since they tend to fall apart. They would probably be one piece, of hard plastic, rather than the softer plastic w/steel inserts they originally were. I can't swear to that material part though, and if I upload a file to print, the plastic will be up to you.

Any interest in this?
I. Buying some recycled.ones.and trying to get the bend out of the other two. How did yours end up looking/working

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

I haven't done mine yet at they're not a huge priority (I have armrests on it that work; just not the factory ones). I have a set of 3 factory ones, so that's irritating (that it's not 4). But since I know they won't last, I want to 3D print some new ones, and then I can sell these ones or whatever.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

deckside

Post by deckside »

I've seen some videos online (youtube) of people using molds to remake tailight lenses. sure would be nice for the driver side '63-'83 Wagoneer taillight lenses.

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

viewtopic.php?t=23216

I'm going to talk to my Calc professor this week as he has access to the 3D printer at the school--then I can see about making prototypes of these.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070