Easy assembled engine transport?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Nikkormat

Easy assembled engine transport?

Post by Nikkormat »

The pallet I built to move my AMC engines around on requires the pan to be removed. And for warrenty purposes the builder wants the engine with the pan on. So what's the quickest, easiest, safest way to transport a complete engine? Its going in the back of a truck and getting hauled 30 miles to the builder's so I need whatever you help me with to be rock solid.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Easy assembled engine transport?

Post by Stuka »

Old spare tire, no rim. They work quite well. Provided its a larger sized tire, and not a dinky tire for an import.

Place it on the tire witht he sump in the center, then ratchet strap it down so it wont move in the bed.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

What Brandon said except I stack two 15" tires, like 235s or smaller.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

The tires work the best for what you need. If you feel the need to be more elaborate or the engine is going commercial hauler, leave the mounts on your engine take the cushions off, bolt a piece off wood or steel on the mount the attach legs down to the pallet. place blocks under the oil pan. You can build a crate around it. No mater how it gets there take pictures of all sides of exterior before and after loading. Personally I would use tires and haul it my self.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Another reason to use tires: They will keep sliding to a minimum...even on a slick bedliner. I've had a few engines get away by the oil pan sliding and the engine rolling out from under the tide-down straps.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation