Who's showing up Early to Ouray?

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

heimeken

Re: Who's showing up Early to Ouray?

Post by heimeken »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Looks like I'll be in sometime Tuesday also.

How long does it take to run Engineer Pass all the way thru from Lake City? What about good places to camp on the Ouray side?

I would say between 3 and 4 hours, depending on how many times you stop.
'85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar" :fsj:
'79 Cherokee Chop Top "Nom"
'78 J15 (3/4 ton J10) "Imoteb"

HOOT

Post by HOOT »

Beth Ann and Brian we need to keep in touch on departures and routes. We will most likely be doing the same path at the same time. I plan on leaving Friday afternoon and being there Sunday afternoon/evening.
I may also have Retro and his 78 Cherokee on a trailer behind my F350, well maybe I'll let him ride up front if he doesn't stink and Rudy approves. :P

If I'm hauling him out then I'll be on I-70 till Limon then down to Colo Springs and out RT.50.
If running solo then I may be doing Rt 50 from here in Cincinnati all the way out to Montrose.So I'll be paralleling I-70 for the most part.

I'm PMing you my cell number in case you need it for whatever reason.
1980 and 81 J20 melding into a 1980 Utility bed J20. Project cancelled and for sale, found a factory truck.
1980 J20 Utility truck. Replaced above project.
1977 Honcho getting turned into a 1977 J20 Gladoncho.
IFSJA Member #4662 Joined March 28, 2003

We're on a road to nowhere.....

tndonor

Post by tndonor »

In the spirit of HOOTS post, I would be happy to exchange numbers with anyone coming from the East in the event you have mechanical troubles in Kansas or such to bring parts, supplies, etc. Just a thought and offer
1967 Jeep M715. Cummins HX35/HT3B NV4500 203/205 Doubler. HP60/14B. OBW. OBA.
Ive done my part to jump start the economy

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

tndonor wrote:In the spirit of HOOTS post, I would be happy to exchange numbers with anyone coming from the East in the event you have mechanical troubles in Kansas or such to bring parts, supplies, etc. Just a thought and offer
If you guys are interested I can put together a contact list so we all have EVERYONE's #'s. See new thread for details.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

HOOT wrote:Beth Ann and Brian we need to keep in touch on departures and routes. We will most likely be doing the same path at the same time. I plan on leaving Friday afternoon and being there Sunday afternoon/evening.
I may also have Retro and his 78 Cherokee on a trailer behind my F350, well maybe I'll let him ride up front if he doesn't stink and Rudy approves. :P

If I'm hauling him out then I'll be on I-70 till Limon then down to Colo Springs and out RT.50.
If running solo then I may be doing Rt 50 from here in Cincinnati all the way out to Montrose.So I'll be paralleling I-70 for the most part.

I'm PMing you my cell number in case you need it for whatever reason.
Awesome! We are leaving Saturday morning from Columbia, not sure what time but it will be early, hopefully 8 at the latest. Stopping in KC to meet up with my mom and drop off the dogs, and heading as far as Limon on Saturday night. Then up early Sunday and on the road again, planning stops along the way again too. We're thinking every 3 hours we will plan to stop for 1 hour. Let us know what the plan is. How far are you coming on Friday?
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

will e wrote:It appears Noel and Pat have dropped out completely. Anyone know if Casey is bringing his better half?

Does Katelyn like eggs benedict?

She likes eggs, not sure if she'll want the sauce or not but we can try!
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

heimeken wrote: I would say between 3 and 4 hours, depending on how many times you stop.
Yay, so it's not too bad. Depending on how the drive goes I might run Engineer Tuesday afternoon, camp somewhere on the pass and get to the KOA first thing in the morning. Or most likely I'll hit it on Sunday. I've been dying to see how the M416 does on the trail.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!