Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
waggyfan4life

"A Grand Affair" in Autoweek

Post by waggyfan4life »

Magazine Pic 1 - Copy (445x640).jpg
Magazine Pic 2 (2) (640x418).jpg
Hey Gang,

I'm humbled to share that Clara (my 1988 Grand Wagoneer) is featured in this month's Autoweek Magazine (May 26, 2014 issue).

If you subscribe, you'll find the spread on pages 14, 16, & 17.

It was an honor to work with Executive Editor Rory Carroll, Assistant Art Director Anton Maka, Photographer Andrew Trahan, and Assistant Photographer Patrick Daly.

My Girl Clara ran like a top on the day of the photo shoot and the sun came out for the first time in weeks - what more could I ask for?

Wag On,
Katie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: "A Grand Affair" in Autoweek

Post by Stuka »

Wow that is awesome!!

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Awesome!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

will e

Post by will e »

Well that is totally cool. That's a nice look Grand Wagoneer. Can you post up some more pictures of it?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

Congrats... :-bd

Thats cool that you have it in a national publication. :-bd :-bd
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Mwagonmaam1

Post by Mwagonmaam1 »

Hello Katie. I just finished reading the "Grand Affair" article in Autoweek. Congratulations on purchasing your dream Wagoneer as well an a great story. I have owned mine since new, purchased in 1990. I read in the article that you are producing a documentary about the Wagoneer. I would direct your attention to a really informative book, "Jeep Wagoneer Performance Portfolo 1963 - 1991" published by Brooklands Books. It has a lot of great information about the evolution and history of this vehicle. Also, as a fellow female Wagoneer owner, I would also advise you to try to keep a small stock pile of spare parts for your Jeep. They always come in handy, especially when vehicles become old and sorry to say obsolete. The Wagoneer is a really durable vehicle, but like anything mechanical, eventually something fails due to age. Let me know if you need any assistance in that area and I would be happy to help!

Good luck with "Clara" as well as the documentary. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Rose Miller

MarkPribanic

Post by MarkPribanic »

Congratulations!
1958 Porsche 356
1958 VW Panel Bus
1960 Ghia Vert
1973 Wagoneer FTQT Newb.

Instagram: MarkPribanic
FaceSpace: Mark Pribanic

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

Wow, that's awesome! Very cool!
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Mwagonmaam1 wrote:Hello Katie. I just finished reading the "Grand Affair" article in Autoweek. Congratulations on purchasing your dream Wagoneer as well an a great story. I have owned mine since new, purchased in 1990. I read in the article that you are producing a documentary about the Wagoneer. I would direct your attention to a really informative book, "Jeep Wagoneer Performance Portfolo 1963 - 1991" published by Brooklands Books. It has a lot of great information about the evolution and history of this vehicle. Also, as a fellow female Wagoneer owner, I would also advise you to try to keep a small stock pile of spare parts for your Jeep. They always come in handy, especially when vehicles become old and sorry to say obsolete. The Wagoneer is a really durable vehicle, but like anything mechanical, eventually something fails due to age. Let me know if you need any assistance in that area and I would be happy to help!

Good luck with "Clara" as well as the documentary. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Rose Miller
Well Rose, welcome to this side of the madness. Long-time owner and first post :-bd
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

YAY! :-bd Congrats Katie :fsj:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

Mwagonmaam1 wrote:Hello Katie. I just finished reading the "Grand Affair" article in Autoweek. Congratulations on purchasing your dream Wagoneer as well an a great story. I have owned mine since new, purchased in 1990. I read in the article that you are producing a documentary about the Wagoneer. I would direct your attention to a really informative book, "Jeep Wagoneer Performance Portfolo 1963 - 1991" published by Brooklands Books. It has a lot of great information about the evolution and history of this vehicle. Also, as a fellow female Wagoneer owner, I would also advise you to try to keep a small stock pile of spare parts for your Jeep. They always come in handy, especially when vehicles become old and sorry to say obsolete. The Wagoneer is a really durable vehicle, but like anything mechanical, eventually something fails due to age. Let me know if you need any assistance in that area and I would be happy to help!

Rose Miller
Hi Rose!

I'm so very happy and humbled that you took the time to read the article and to provide such incredible suggestions. I will most definitely locate the book you've named. Although my sister will probably kill me for stockpiling spare parts in the garage I've already half-filled, that's also a good idea! I'm so fortunate you've reached out and offered to help when I need it (which I invariably will). I promise not to abuse your expertise.

The documentary is a labor of love...and since it's coming out of my own pockets right now, it's slow going. I'll persist and carry on until it (or I) am finished. I've got an '88 behind me, right? :fsj:

Thanks again! Let's stay in touch.

Sincerely,
Katie Sullivan

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

MarkPribanic wrote:Congratulations!
Thanks so much, Mark! And congratulations on your "new" Wag - I've been drooling over your pictures on Instagram for a while now.

It's so good to "meet" you here!

-Katie

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

fulsizjeep wrote:YAY! :-bd Congrats Katie :fsj:
Thanks, Flint!

You already know I'm a big fan of you and Krista! :D

-Katie

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

TUDrewser wrote:Wow, that's awesome! Very cool!
Thanks so much for the kind words - they mean a lot!

-Katie

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

jaber wrote:Congrats... :-bd

Thats cool that you have it in a national publication. :-bd :-bd
Jeff,

I squealed like a girl (obviously) when the magazine came in the mail. What's even cooler is that several folks have contacted me via Twitter (because my Twitter handle was provided at the end of the story) - hearing the stories of how others acquired their Wags is THE BEST!

Thanks a bunch!

-Katie

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

will e wrote:Well that is totally cool. That's a nice look Grand Wagoneer. Can you post up some more pictures of it?
Hi Will!

Thanks so much! Attached are a few more pics of my '88.

Dave Bartlett (who is also the videographer who shot the footage used in the documentary teaser video) took a few still photos the day we were filming in Caledonia, NY.

I had to crawl under the fence with a bag of apples to convince the horses to come over to the fence where Clara (my '88) was parked. :)

-Katie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Re:

Post by waggyfan4life »

Stuka wrote:Wow that is awesome!!

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
Thanks so very much!

-Katie

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

Renodemona wrote:Awesome!
Thanks a bunch! My dad (the original car fiend in our family) lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw the article the first time.

-Katie

MarkPribanic

Post by MarkPribanic »

waggyfan4life wrote:
MarkPribanic wrote:Congratulations!
Thanks so much, Mark! And congratulations on your "new" Wag - I've been drooling over your pictures on Instagram for a while now.

It's so good to "meet" you here!

-Katie

LOL, cool! Love Instagram! Nice to meet ya as well ;)
1958 Porsche 356
1958 VW Panel Bus
1960 Ghia Vert
1973 Wagoneer FTQT Newb.

Instagram: MarkPribanic
FaceSpace: Mark Pribanic

Topic author
waggyfan4life

Post by waggyfan4life »

Hi Gang!

Autoweek added the story to its newly designed website.

If you missed it in print, and have a few minutes to spare, you'll find it here: http://www.autoweek.com/article/car-lif ... ove-affair

Thanks for reading,
Katie