Cigars/Smokers

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
ChiefBigB

Cigars/Smokers

Post by ChiefBigB »

Any connoisseurs on here, strictly cigars and pipe tobacco of course. ;)

Shagoneer

Re: Cigars/Smokers

Post by Shagoneer »

I love a nice Romeo in a churchill cut
In the market for a new FSJ

pyro

Post by pyro »

I've been hooked on the "mutineer" series from Father & Son Cigars. They have different flavors/cuts for every style of smoker.
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

10bear28306

Post by 10bear28306 »

I personally prefer Cohiba's myself. Smaller and smoother smoke without having to smoke it all day.
1966 Wagoneer (in middle of restoration). Original 327 ci Vigilante motor, Carolina Blue exterior, medium blue interior, 4" lift springs, digital dash gauge cluster, poly tank (21 gal.), 31X10 BF Goodrich, otherwise stock.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

I also love a Cohiba or when I get out in the woods... I break out the good stuff, some Backwoods honey.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

I normally dont smoke at all but there are some situations that feel wrong without a cigar they include
1. Shooting
2. Working on Jeep (including fuel system, aren't I a genius)
3. when drinking
4. When wearing a suit
In the market for a new FSJ

[ O o \\|// o O ]

Post by [ O o \\|// o O ] »

My mom caught me and my sister smoking cigarettes when I was around 10 years old. She made uss sit down and smoke the rest of the pack. My sister was only 6 and started vomiting after only one or two cigarettes. When my dad got home and found out what happened he went and bought the biggest fattest cheapest cigar he could find. He showed me how to light it and I had to smoke it. We did some yard work while smoking and went around the neighborhood to let everyone know I had started smoking and my dad told them it was OK. We spent a little extra time at the neighbor's house who had lost a lung to cancer. He lit up his pipe and the three of us stood there smoking for what seemed like hours. I never had any desire to smoke after that day! About 15 years later my dad had a massive heart attack that the doctors attributed to smoking, he never smoked again.
That was my step father. He's still with us but we almost lost him. His heart attack was so bad they medivaced him to a hospital 150 miles from here and spent 13 hours getting him stabilized. The heart attack ws so severe he slept 3 days after they got him stabilized.
My real father wasn't so lucky. He died from throat and lung cancer after smoking his whole life. But not before they removed a huge part of his neck and jaw.
Sorry I didn't have a happier smoking story to share.

Topic author
ChiefBigB

Post by ChiefBigB »

[ O o \|// o O ] wrote:My mom caught me and my sister smoking cigarettes when I was around 10 years old. She made uss sit down and smoke the rest of the pack. My sister was only 6 and started vomiting after only one or two cigarettes. When my dad got home and found out what happened he went and bought the biggest fattest cheapest cigar he could find. He showed me how to light it and I had to smoke it. We did some yard work while smoking and went around the neighborhood to let everyone know I had started smoking and my dad told them it was OK. We spent a little extra time at the neighbor's house who had lost a lung to cancer. He lit up his pipe and the three of us stood there smoking for what seemed like hours. I never had any desire to smoke after that day! About 15 years later my dad had a massive heart attack that the doctors attributed to smoking, he never smoked again.
That was my step father. He's still with us but we almost lost him. His heart attack was so bad they medivaced him to a hospital 150 miles from here and spent 13 hours getting him stabilized. The heart attack ws so severe he slept 3 days after they got him stabilized.
My real father wasn't so lucky. He died from throat and lung cancer after smoking his whole life. But not before they removed a huge part of his neck and jaw.
Sorry I didn't have a happier smoking story to share.

Sorry to hear your loss. We don't always make the wisest of choices in our lives.

Topic author
ChiefBigB

Post by ChiefBigB »

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Here's a happy smoking story from the 1970's. Both my parents smoked, I used to put cigarette loads (tiny fiercrackers!) in every two, or three cigarettes with a tooth pick and sit back to watch the show. Then I'd run around the yard being chased.

When they got wise to it, I'd dip their cigs in water, let them dry and put them back in the packs! They didn't like that either.

So them I'd flush them down the toilet. One day my dad had enough and cornered me in the living room with his infamous white leather belt (the sound of it coming off his polyester leisure suit was like a siren wailing and telling you to run for it). When he yelled at me to give him one good reason not to thrash me for all the damage to his 3 pack a day habit, I said, "Dad, because I love you- if the smell of those cigarettes makes me sick to my stomach and makes me feel like I am choking, they must be killing you'." Ahhhhh, cherished memories and the joys of childhood.

I didn't get a butt whooping that day, but he didn't quit smoking either. I did, however, learn to throw away cigarettes and packs randomly... Without getting caught. Lol

We both laugh about it now.

As an adult, though, I did bring back some Cuban Cigars from Cozumel... Those were worth the slight risk bringing back them to the states... I wouldn't mind lightening up one of those on a firepit night every now and again... Suit not required, but brandy is mandatory.

Every choice comes with consequences. Positive consequences are called rewards. Negetive consequences are called punishments. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;)

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I would consider myself to be an amateur aficionado of sorts!

Been smoking cigars for the past 6 or 7 years, ever since college started.
Things have tapered off though. The woman I'm with doesnt like it, so i only smoke when I'm alone or with friends and she isnt around. She's started to tollerate it finally, but you know how that goes.

I used to keep a full humi, now it's only ever got maybe 10-30 sticks in it at a time.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

As you can see, I still find time to enjoy one every now and then...
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

bigun

Post by bigun »

I guess I am the heavy cigar smoker at least one a day mostly cheap ones I buy by the bundle on line. Right now my humijar is filled with Pirates Gold by Rolando Reyes Sr. according to the seller Reyes pulled these 4 years ago and put them back in his humidor. I prefer a Churchill size (50x7) because if you do the puff a minute they will last up to 3 hours. Unfortunately these are a 48 X 6 so they are only good for about 2 hours. My dad smoked Dutch Masters Presidents although at todays prices I don't think he could afford his 5 a day habit. I used to smoke a pipe and may have to go back to it simply from an economic point of view. Pipe tobacco is somewhat cheaper and and well loaded pipe can last for hours, then there is the whole calming ritual of cleaning, packing, lighting repacking, and relighting . Patrick F McManus claims the only riot that ever happened at his college was calmed down when the president accidentally found himself locked out of the administration building proceeded to go through the whole ritual of getting his pipe lit, by the time he was finished the rioters had forgotten what they were rioting about having been mesmerized by watching him!