Anybody else have fun for the holiday?

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Anybody else have fun for the holiday?

Post by Stuka »

Hope everybody here had a great weekend!

My Wife and I headed up the hill (About an hour away) to camp with Family at Dardanelle Resort. Good friends with the owner, and always have a great time there. Got some fishing in, ate some good food, and went for some scenic drives.

It was cold, with it getting down to the mid 20's at night. And while my Father and Uncle were in trailers, My Wife and I stuck it out in the tent. And really, I did not get cold at all. Pays to go with the proper gear for sure.

So anyway, here are some photos for anybody interested. And no, my J10 did not make the trip. And frankly, I do not trust it enough at this altitude or on these grades. 26% grade (steepest state HWY in California) at 8000-9600ft is only for a vehicle that you true trust to not break down.

So, here are a few photos :)

Camp Site:

Fishing!

This shot looks weird because its a panorama, the two "Roads" are the same one and its actually straight.

There are other photos, as well as full size images on my Flickr Account HERE.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

jaber
Vendor

Re: Anybody else have fun for the holiday?

Post by jaber »

Looks like it was a good time. Thanks for the pics.

I spent time getting an '80 Cherokee running. Gonna make a nice ride...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Tin Medic

Post by Tin Medic »

Just got off a 24 hour shift at the hospital. Get a little sleep and then try to fix the GW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
89 GW 360/727/208 (soon to be LQ9/727/208) MSD 8523 Pro Billet Distributor, MSD 8207 Blaster SS Coil, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs

"I don't always downshift, but when I do its next to a Prius so the driver can hear me hurt the environment."

Jeeps don't break down, they're just extremely demanding when they need parts replaced!

Jeep Owner

ScottsMojo

Post by ScottsMojo »

Very nice!

We hung out at the Casa, cut grass, smoked some pig, tore out a trans/transfer case and generally got caught up around the farm. Had a nice visit and ate like kings yesterday with a good friend who relocated to Ky last year. And took the boys fishing... Good times. :fsj:

pyro

Post by pyro »

'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

lindel

Post by lindel »

pyro! You got Jeep all over your mud!
Lindel

Tin Medic

Post by Tin Medic »

lindel wrote:pyro! You got Jeep all over your mud!
:funnypost:
89 GW 360/727/208 (soon to be LQ9/727/208) MSD 8523 Pro Billet Distributor, MSD 8207 Blaster SS Coil, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs

"I don't always downshift, but when I do its next to a Prius so the driver can hear me hurt the environment."

Jeeps don't break down, they're just extremely demanding when they need parts replaced!

Jeep Owner

dueselfabrication

Post by dueselfabrication »

Stuka, your weekend wins. Scott and Pyro definitely have close seconds.
Mrs. D. and I wrapped up the last bits of baby-prep. I washed and waxed her car - it will be ignored after the drop date in 1.5 weeks. When I finished that, I took a bucket of suds and a scrub-brush to the Wagon. A couple barbecues rounded out the evenings.
Black filth came off in sheets. I think the truck was actually an orange-red before the crumby red paint was laid down! I also fished out some vacated rodent deposits, when I pulled open the door after work today, it smelled 100% better.
-Jeff
2006 LJ - spacers, 33's, pocket flairs, dents, and too much courage
1973 Wagoneer - still not sure why, but since it's here it's going to be cool.

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

dueselfabrication wrote:Stuka, your weekend wins. Scott and Pyro definitely have close seconds.
Mrs. D. and I wrapped up the last bits of baby-prep. I washed and waxed her car - it will be ignored after the drop date in 1.5 weeks. When I finished that, I took a bucket of suds and a scrub-brush to the Wagon. A couple barbecues rounded out the evenings.
Black filth came off in sheets. I think the truck was actually an orange-red before the crumby red paint was laid down! I also fished out some vacated rodent deposits, when I pulled open the door after work today, it smelled 100% better.
Well hey, prepping for a baby is a big deal! And congratulations!
2017 JKU Rubicon

ScottsMojo

Post by ScottsMojo »

dueselfabrication wrote:Stuka, your weekend wins. Scott and Pyro definitely have close seconds.
Heck yeah! Congrats on the baby! More fun than a box of rocks!!!

Speaking of kids, my daughter went to Costa Rica this past Saturday on a Mission Trip through the church. She calls daily and reports back on how many FSJ's she sees every day! I told her to take photos of all that she can, maybe I can post them up when she gets home... :fsj:

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Well congratulations on the baby deuselfabrication and to the rest of you all having fun ( I mean real fun). We took the long drive to central IL expexting good weather. Well there has been no camping, no fishing but lots of eating. It has rained like a SOB here everyday, but fun being able to spend time family.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Topic author
Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

ScottsMojo wrote:

Speaking of kids, my daughter went to Costa Rica this past Saturday on a Mission Trip through the church. She calls daily and reports back on how many FSJ's she sees every day! I told her to take photos of all that she can, maybe I can post them up when she gets home... :fsj:
Oh thats cool. I know I saw several in the Yucatan when I was there in January.
2017 JKU Rubicon

ScottsMojo

Post by ScottsMojo »

Stuka wrote:
ScottsMojo wrote:

Oh thats cool. I know I saw several in the Yucatan when I was there in January.
She had gone car crazy! Turned 16 last month, and spends hours on CL searching for a car. Excuse me, not just a car, a Jeep. A Jeep Wagoneer or Cherokee to be precise.

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree! :fsj:

csuengr

Post by csuengr »

Spent the weekend doing yard work at my sister's house. Her husband has decided he doesn't like yard work, or house work. Vacations are turning into work.
1977 Cherokee S, Ford 5.0, 5 speed, BW 1356, 33 x 10.50 BFG's. No longer my DD.
2007 Mercury Milan, 2.3L, 5-speed, now my DD. 29 mpg average.

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

You are making me homesick!! I miss being around pine trees
and scenery like that :( I just KNOW my Jeep would love
surroundings like that:)

Perhaps one day I will meet up with some fellow Jeepers
and swap stories:)

Howard ^^^^^^^^......... :fsj:
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"