I'm dooing it right? Neighbor "issue"...

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Locked and Loaded

Re: I'm dooing it right? Neighbor "issue"...

Post by Locked and Loaded »

Wait till he goes to bed. Then park your Waggy in his driveway. Move it before he gets up in the morning. When he starts whinning about the oil stain in his driveway. Tell him to blow his dirt over on it so it will soak it up.
Drink more Water

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

Locked and Loaded wrote:Wait till he goes to bed. Then park your Waggy in his driveway. Move it before he gets up in the morning. When he starts whinning about the oil stain in his driveway. Tell him to blow his dirt over on it so it will soak it up.
LOL! I think I will woke him up if I start the Jeep... At least he woke up with some V8 music! :D He drive the company car that he work for, a grey Ford Fusion brand new. His wife has a grey Prius, his daughter has a grey Prius, the daughter boyfriend that live with them, has a grey Toyota Camry... He own a cool vehicle a 92 dodge pick up diesel, guess the color... Yes gray! :D

Aeol

Post by Aeol »

I'm different. I like my neighbors enough to not care that their monstrous Lab craps in my yard. My dogs crap there too, so just one more thing for the lawnmower to chew up. But, him doing it out of spite is just wrong. Might be simply resolved by saying 'Hey dude, why you blowin' that stuff in mah yard?".
I know nothing about Jeeps other than I love'em.
Jeep information level
[||--------]
J3A452WN - 1973 V8-360 J-4500 Townside Automatic

BGW

Post by BGW »

I couldn't help but think of this when I saw the face you put on him...

Prius people are gross. The Dodge is cool and he'd get major cool points if he was actually the owner of the Fusion, but I guess he's just got bad taste in cars.
1991 GWag, 98K, Silver Star Metallic, Cordovan interior

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

@Aeol, I think I wouldn't care either if: He asked before, or I did not live in a place under HOA rules... :) If he asked probably my reply was negative, I don't see any reason why he cannot blow this stuff on his side of the street, or blow it in the middle of the cul-de-sac, or pick it up and put it in the yard debris container... About the HOA, they have a volunteer that walk around every two week, and when he see something that "break" the rules, he will report it to the HOA, and they will send you a "Friendly Notice". If this guy see all dirty in from of my house he will report and I will receive a letter, and if I don't clean in a few days I have to pay...

@BGW, LOL! With more hair and no glasses your face looks more like him. :D Looking what he is doing now, make me wonder in other past things that happened in the last two years...
My neighbor, not the one with the blower, the one that has a house on the same side of the street of mine. He is Filipino, and when he had party there is always tons of people. And tons of great food too!!! :D All the people that goes at his house park where find spots. Twice last year the police showed up because there was a car parked in front of my house, That is a no parking zone because in case of fire a fire truck cannot go through.). The second time we just arrived home with a present for my Filipino neighbor nephew, we were ready to go to his party, when the police show up asking about the car parked... I ask the police officer who called him, but he said that he didn't know, because he did not receive the call. Maybe the neighbor that I'm having issue called the police...

I have a '79 Camaro Z28, that I'm restoring (when I have extra cash), the car has expired tags, but the tags on the bottom are partially cover by a license plate frame, and it was repainted in 2004 So the paint looks good. I had to work on the j-10, and because here in Oregon rain a lot, I put the Jeep in the garage and left out the Camaro. A few days later I received a notice from the HOA saying that I'm not allowed to leave a car with expired tags in the driveway. las year I was working on the Wagoneer in the garage, and the Camaro was out, this time I put collector plate with good tags, from another car I have, same things after a while I got another notice from the HOA, saying that my Black Firebird (Firebird??? It is a Camaro!!!) need to have tags and be street legal for stay in the driveway. They check the VIN for see that was the same car? Or could be the neigbor that know is the same car, and told them???

goldhammer

Post by goldhammer »

I'm kinda like Flint, not real subtle anymore. Tell him you are done cleaning up after him, and the next time he does it his blower will die, and when he does it again, put a .357 or 9mm or whatever you social choice is, right through the engine of that puppy. yeah, I know HOA won't like it...... :twisted:
1981 Cherokee W/T, custom winch bumper and deer strainer, 360/T18/208, Warn 8274
1988Cherokee, 3" Rancho lift, custom bumpers, sliders/steps, roof rack, custom camo paint and headliner, Warn 9500

Member Wolfpack 4x4's, region 5, PNW4WDA
OHV Representative, BLM John Day/Snake RAC

allgladman

Post by allgladman »

What I think I would do (besides move away from where neighbors are that close) is when he goes out to blow his junk in your yard... go out with your broom, trash bags etc and just wait by the boundary for him... if he chooses to blow the junk right on you... begin catching it and bagging it immediately. If he has the stones to see the work he is creating for you and NOT just stop and say, "hey, sorry"

then you know he is a grade A idjet.

If he is a grade A idjet, when he finishes, you walk up to him and say, "this time, I picked your BEEP up because I am a very nice person and an excellent neighbor. Please don't do it again. If you have yard waste, pick it up and put it where it belongs. Thanks."

and walk away.

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

@Goldhammer, that would put me in trouble... :D

@Allgladman, That is what I want to do, go out with my yard debris container and broom, and see what he does.

Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Mars

Post by Mars »

Call me crazy, but why not just go over and talk to the guy?
Express to him your displeasure at his leaving a mess for you.
And leave the ball in his court to change his behavior.
Don't threaten, or shoot at the guy.
If he chooses to not modify his behavior, then take steps to influence him to do so through your H.O.A.

Seems REALLY simple to me.. and saves you having to do all the cloak and dagger surveillance, unless you're really just that bored :P
Jeep: making ordinary people mechanics for more than 70 years.

1981 J-10 Laredo.
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... =15&t=1409

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

@Mars, I need to do this when I see him doing it. Because if I go now to his house ant tell him to stop blowing stuff to my side, he can say that he didn't do it. :D

Another thing that stop me to talk directly to him is that he is doing this on purpose, and have a guy that his half your age reproach you could be embarrassing... I know maybe I'm thinking too much, but I want that this thing is going as smoother as it can. For this reason before talk to him I want give him a visual advice, I mean I will go out during he is doing it and with my container and broom clean. So he can see and maybe understand. :)

goldhammer

Post by goldhammer »

If he is doing it on purpose, then he already understands, and just tell him to knock it off and take care of his own mess, you done picking up after his lazy butt, and you have video of him doing it and the next time it goes to the HOA.
1981 Cherokee W/T, custom winch bumper and deer strainer, 360/T18/208, Warn 8274
1988Cherokee, 3" Rancho lift, custom bumpers, sliders/steps, roof rack, custom camo paint and headliner, Warn 9500

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

The last few days rained, and when it wasn't raining I think he didn't clean, at least I didn't see any pile of stuff in front of my house. But if I see him doing it I will go out this time. :)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I started to write and realized I had already said too much already. ;) Good luck.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Let's hope it was a random act of ignorance or stupidity... I have at least one of those in my neighborhood (next door).

will e

Post by will e »

Brizio wrote:

The only thing make me think he is doing, is that in this road you can park your car only in one side, in front of his house. When they pass to clean the roads with a street sweeper, if there are cars, they cannot pick up the dirt. So putting it in front of my house is easy and for sure they can pick it up, because no cars will be parked in front of it.
Still I think is rude doing what he is doing.

Here the road from google street...

Someone asked if you have a tree or something that is droppinng leaves onto his yard. Looking at this picture I can't help but wonder the same thing.

His obsessive compulsive use of a loud blower to specifically target your side of the street seems to support this idea.

Maybe he doesn't want to confront you. Maybe he figures 'you got it' when you went out and cleaned up the pile of leaves he sent back over to your house?

At this point you may as well just ask him why he does it.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

@Fulsizjeep, thanks! :D

@66Stepside, What I'm hoping, although I catch him 5 times... But there are still hope in me. :)

@Will e, he has a big tree too (see pics). Plus now the tree doesn't drop leaves, they do this in autumn... And in autumn, we never had this issue, he clean and put a pile in front of his house, and I did the same. Also now there aren't leaves, but more flower that drops, and with the wind they go everywhere. Think also that after the cul-de-sac there is a little creek, and when it rain, the water from all the road goes there. This will take also all stuff from all the neighborhood, what do you do, sort out the leaves, branches between your tree and the neighbor, and ring each door and tell him hey, the wind or rain left those leaves from your tree... What we are kids??? :D

Honestly, blowing stuff in front of my property I think is not a nice act to do.

Also here we have a rule, that if a tree that belong to your neighbor, has branches that goes in your property, if you wan you can cut them without ask the neighbor. Thinking like you said he think, I should go to my neighbor next door and tell him to trim the branches because they are in my back yard... :D

Here a view from the cul-de-sac... See he has a big tree too... :)

ferox

Post by ferox »

serehill wrote:Yeah way to far out of hand & not good. He's doing it knowing you are offeneded. I would have blown it right back. He knows exactly what he's doing. If you rat him out & he gets mad the relationship your afraid of messing up is totally messed up right now. Behavior like this isn't going to get any better by itself. No matter how you react he will see it as your problem. Sociopathic behavior like this usually gets worse the longer it isn't dealt with. I don't like hatin on my nieghbors. But this guy could care less about you.
I think this sums things up very well...unfortunately.

I wasn't going to post, but I hate it when people pull petty stuff like this, it's just so unnecessary. I think you have done right by getting video to back yourself up, but you don't want to counter his passive aggression with more passive aggression. Since he's your neighbor this definitely warrants some consideration, but I think you're first course of action is to talk to him and ask him why he is doing what he is doing. Whenever I was doing stupid stuff as a kid my father would ask me "what are you doing?" in such a way that made me instantly realize I was being a moron. I think you need to do something similar. Ask him why he is doing that and make him explain his actions. Appeal to his sense of adult responsibility. If he lacks a sense of adult responsibility this will be evident and then I think you advance to phase 2 in which you take steps to make him stop. I would then send the videos and a letter to the HOA and repeat as necessary.

Getting in a neighbor war with a person that matches Serehill's apt description is going to be no bueno because it makes living at your homestead uncomfortable and anytime something goes wrong with the front of the house or your rig that seems weird, then your are going to wonder if it's sabotage from the weirdo across the street displacing a lifetime of frustration and anger onto you and that's a crappy situation. At the same time, if it bugs the heck out of you, then you need to do something about it or you're going to be bottling up frustration and anger that will come out somewhere else or take years off your life.

I don't live in an HOA community, but some of my neighbors act like it is, so quite frankly, we're going to move further out toward the country. We won't get away from neighbor issues I'm sure, but the nature of the issues will be different. At least people won't be checking on my automotive projects quite so intensely.
'82 Wagoneer, 258, T176, NP208, D44, AMC20, Weber 32/36 DGV http://www.arkive.org/fossa/cryptoprocta-ferox/

will e

Post by will e »

Yep, he has a big tree too.

The google pics make it look like he keeps his yard in real nice shape.

Only way to find out is to ask. I wouldn't do it while he was doing it. I would wait till I saw him outside:

"Hey Joe, how ya doing? Man, your yard looks great. I couldn't help but notice that you use the blower on it a couple of times a day but I have to ask why you blow everything over to my side of the street?"
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Mars

Post by Mars »

will e wrote:Yep, he has a big tree too.

The google pics make it look like he keeps his yard in real nice shape.

Only way to find out is to ask. I wouldn't do it while he was doing it. I would wait till I saw him outside:

"Hey Joe, how ya doing? Man, your yard looks great. I couldn't help but notice that you use the blower on it a couple of times a day but I have to ask why you blow everything over to my side of the street?"

There ya go :-bd
Jeep: making ordinary people mechanics for more than 70 years.

1981 J-10 Laredo.
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... =15&t=1409

goldhammer

Post by goldhammer »

X2, and after ALL else fails, including the HOA, you can always give him a colonospecy (sp) with it running at full throttle. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: