I'm dooing it right? Neighbor "issue"...

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Brizio

I'm dooing it right? Neighbor "issue"...

Post by Brizio »

All started a few weeks ago... I was in the kitchen making coffee, I know, the story will start better if I was drinking beer, but in the morning I prefer coffee... :D
I notice the neighbor that live in front of me cleaning his driveway with a leaf blower. Nothing wrong with this, but he blow all the stuff on the other side of the street on the curb in front of my house. :x

I though, it was a one time only thing, but I start to pay attention on what he does, and he does every time now! :banghead:
This is my plan, let me know what you think... :)

I start to take pictures of him when he does that, also I was able to record a video. This for show that is not only one time, but different times that I caught him doing this, because he is wearing different clothes. :D

Now, I wait that he blow stuff in front of my house, and I wait a little bit, and after I go out with a yard debris container and a shovel and clean the stuff in front of my house with a brush, and putt all in the container. I did this last Tuesday, and he saw me cleaning because he was leaving with his car.

I did this, so maybe he understand that I don't want his stuff in front of my house/yard... 8-)

This morning, he did again :banghead: , and I went out and cleaned all... So will see if he notice... ;)

Next thing I'm planning :idea: is to go out while is doing that, and tell him to blow the stuff in front of his house, or in the middle of the cul-de-sac... I will take a video of this conversation just in case... :D

If he still do this, I will contact the homeowner association, so they will send him a "Friendly Notice"... Hopeful he will understand... :-bd

BTW, I never had any issue with him, so I don't know/understand why he is doing this. He always cleaned the front of his house and put the stuff in front of is house. And I always kept my stuff in the front of my house.

He is very addicted to this thing, he use it a lot, also when there are not leaves to blow... I think he use the leaf blower more than have "fun" with his wife in the bed

Topic author
Brizio

Re: I'm dooing it right? Neighbor "issue"...

Post by Brizio »

Here a picture of him...

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

You should save everything he blows in your yard and dump it back in his :grin: :twisted:

Your plan is probably better though....:?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I think i would just go ask him to clean up his own debris. Seems you are making this so much more complicated :P
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Sounds like a reasonable plan because mine would be to pile it back in his yard and set a match to it. :evil:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

I would try one other subtle approach first before the HOA.

I would be prepared, have my broom and container ready or close by, then while he is working it to your side of the street ask him politely if he would like to borrow them.

Not everyone's approach I admit.
I just don't like neighbor hassles if I can avoid it.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

Thank you for your ideas! :)

@Hutcho, what you said is the first thing I though, but I don't want to be on the "wrong" side... :)

@Stuka, I know, but I'm hoping he understand that what he is doing is wrong.

@fulsizjeep, LOL, I was thinking to call a couple of dump trucks of manure, and let them dump it in front of his house... :D But probably he will be mad and could throw it on my property/cars, and after the thing can develop bad... :D

@Tad, before the HOA I will ask him to blow his stuff on his side of the street. I don't like neighbor hassle either, for this reason I'm trying to make him understand that I don't like have his stuff on the curb in front of my house..
Using your idea, instead to ask him to borrow my stuff. I can go out while he is doing, wait that he finished and clean, so probably he will understand... :) Making a video with my camera... :D

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

This one is from this morning...

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I can be a bad influence and like to burn stuff. Don't listen to me. ;)
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

CherokeeOwner

Post by CherokeeOwner »

Whatever happened to confronting the offender in the very beginning? While he's doing it go out and tell him to stop, clean it up and don't do it ever again.

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

fulsizjeep wrote:I can be a bad influence and like to burn stuff. Don't listen to me. ;)
Can't really go wrong with fire :twisted:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Tin Medic

Post by Tin Medic »

Brizio wrote:This one is from this morning...
I think I know that guy. :P
89 GW 360/727/208 (soon to be LQ9/727/208) MSD 8523 Pro Billet Distributor, MSD 8207 Blaster SS Coil, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs

"I don't always downshift, but when I do its next to a Prius so the driver can hear me hurt the environment."

Jeeps don't break down, they're just extremely demanding when they need parts replaced!

Jeep Owner

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

Are the leaves from your trees? Maybe he is subtly telling you to clean up after your "pets"?
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

serehill
Vendor

Post by serehill »

Yeah way to far out of hand & not good. He's doing it knowing you are offeneded. I would have blown it right back. He knows exactly what he's doing. If you rat him out & he gets mad the relationship your afraid of messing up is totally messed up right now. Behavior like this isn't going to get any better by itself. No matter how you react he will see it as your problem. Sociopathic behavior like this usually gets worse the longer it isn't dealt with. I don't like hatin on my nieghbors. But this guy could care less about you.
Last edited by serehill on Sat May 18, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1980 Honcho 258 4 speed mostly stock with 4 " lift.

WIP

You know the rude dude from IFSJA

1980 Cherokee wrangled & mangled
MSD complete system
Eddy intake
Holley 650
Comp cam 270H
4" Rusty's
Ramsey 12K winch
Built to drive not sit in the garage.

No longer strangled. I didn't build it for anyone else.
If you can't improve it why waste your time?

pyro

Post by pyro »

my neighbor was doing the same thing, I just asked him to pick it up. call me crazy.
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

jamesdart

Post by jamesdart »

people across the street from me used to pay a guy to cut the grass, he was doing the same thing. i never thought anything of it, it till one day i mowed my lawn and the the next day there were all these grass clippings along my curb. i think where did they come from i cleaned up??? turn around and look and there grass was no more than 1" tall. i didnt understand how the home owner could be happy with that, they have to look at all the crap at my curb, not me. i was really tempted to jsut blow it back, but then thought of going to tell them they were paying a guy to kill their grass, and hes not even cleaning it up, he blows it at my house. but they are really nice people i didnt want to have a problem so i just cleaned it up. i dont know if they saw what was going on but they never had the guy cut the grass anymore. guess i got lucky. always working on some kind of car, i know i am far from the best neighbor to have.

GW Fisherman

Post by GW Fisherman »

jamesdart wrote:people across the street from me used to pay a guy to cut the grass, he was doing the same thing. i never thought anything of it, it till one day i mowed my lawn and the the next day there were all these grass clippings along my curb. i think where did they come from i cleaned up??? turn around and look and there grass was no more than 1" tall. i didnt understand how the home owner could be happy with that, they have to look at all the crap at my curb, not me. i was really tempted to jsut blow it back, but then thought of going to tell them they were paying a guy to kill their grass, and hes not even cleaning it up, he blows it at my house. but they are really nice people i didnt want to have a problem so i just cleaned it up. i dont know if they saw what was going on but they never had the guy cut the grass anymore. guess i got lucky. always working on some kind of car, i know i am far from the best neighbor to have.
Hey, I think we live next to the same neighbor.

I would just talk to him about it before going any further. Let him know in a friendly way that you like your yard clean too and he is messing it up. If that doesn't work out get a work order book and start writing a bill of sale for $25.00 everytime you have to clean it up. You could also take pictures everytime with dates and times so when you sue him you will have evidence. Also keep notes when you talk to him. Hitting someone in the pocket book is a good way to send a message.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Electrified fuel pump, rear air shocks, large cap and rotor. Otherwise stock W/Towing package. Oohs & Aaas as I cruise by...Bonus.

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

@Fulsizjeep, ok! :D

@CherokeeOwner, I want be sure that he is doing it, and it is not only one time only... Now I have enough evidence. 8-) :)

@Hutcho, agree! Plus could be a social event for the neighborhood, fire, marshmallow, chocolate, he can put the crackers and we are ready to go! :D

@Tin Medic, :D don't tell him that you saw this picture... Let me make him a "Surprise"!!! :D

@Carnuck, no from the leaves are from his tree, the one on the side of his garage. So in autumn, what I should do, go door to door giving back the leaves that I found in front of my house??? Common what we are kids???

@Serehill, Exactly! I'm try to find the better solution that is less invasive to the problem. But like you said seems that this is not possible with him.

@Pyro, That's will be one of my next move. :)

@Jamesdart, I cannot clean always after him, he is very addicted with the leaf blower, in autumn he can use it 3/4 time in a day! I think he prefer using that thing that have "fun" with his wife!!! :D :D :D

@GW Fisherman, this is a good neighbor too, he was always good too, not any problem, until a couple of weeks ago. I will not sue him, but I want have evidence, so if he say something, I tell him that I have proof. :)

The only thing make me think he is doing, is that in this road you can park your car only in one side, in front of his house. When they pass to clean the roads with a street sweeper, if there are cars, they cannot pick up the dirt. So putting it in front of my house is easy and for sure they can pick it up, because no cars will be parked in front of it.
Still I think is rude doing what he is doing.

Here the road from google street...

RockRollin

Post by RockRollin »

Get a bigger leaf blower, and as soon as he starts heading across the road, fire that puppy up and show him what more cc's are about :mrgreen:

Topic author
Brizio

Post by Brizio »

RockRollin wrote:Get a bigger leaf blower, and as soon as he starts heading across the road, fire that puppy up and show him what more cc's are about :mrgreen:
Actually my leaf blower has more power than his, but would be funny put a big fan on the front yard and let have some wind... :D After taht the cool things could be some sprinklers... :D