Madmike's 1978 Cherokee NT named Puddin'

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Madmike5150

Madmike's 1978 Cherokee NT named Puddin'

Post by Madmike5150 »

I picked up this Cherokee SJ narrow track with AMC 360, TH400, Quadra Trac and Dana 44s a week ago from a person on Atlanta Craigslist. The Cherokee started life on a South Dakota ranch as a farm truck therefore it has had a rough life. The previous owner named it "Banana Pudding" because of the color combination. I liked the name so it stuck! The Jeep needs a total restoration but for now will just get some rust repair, a lift, and 33s on wider wheels and become a weekend trail rig. This is a low budget build so I am trying to get the most for my money. Any recommendations or information that I should know, please enlighten me because even though I have had a variety of Jeeps over the years, this is my first FSJ.
00a0a_30xXVRLfj4R_600x450.jpeg

Renodemona

Re: Madmike's 1978 Cherokee NT named Puddin'

Post by Renodemona »

Nice start! Rust control, replace all the rubber lines and hoses, get after the leaks. 33s you'll likely need 4" of lift on a narrow track without a lot of trimming. If you keep the narrow wheels and run 33/10.50s that will help too. Just basic services help a ton. Might want to look at HEI or TFI ignition. The stock setup is not so great.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'