Surging Under Load - I REALLY need to get this figured out.

Stock FSJ Tech Area

serehill
Vendor

Re: Surging Under Load - I REALLY need to get this figured out.

Post by serehill »

Well what's the final verdict?
1980 Honcho 258 4 speed mostly stock with 4 " lift.

WIP

You know the rude dude from IFSJA

1980 Cherokee wrangled & mangled
MSD complete system
Eddy intake
Holley 650
Comp cam 270H
4" Rusty's
Ramsey 12K winch
Built to drive not sit in the garage.

No longer strangled. I didn't build it for anyone else.
If you can't improve it why waste your time?

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

whats what final verdict?

As of right now it's been sitting in the garage, was taken out on Saturday for a test drive, and has gone back into the garage since then. no time during the week, 10 hour days at work, repairing irrigation and working on some side plans at home, walking the dog, no time to work on it during the week really. I havent made it past doing the fuel filter and getting the barb fitting i needed for the pressure gauge unfortunately.

Not to mention I'm not super interested since i'm still bitter about the trip, and I kinda hat the thing at the moment.

I'll hopefully get the fuel pressure gauge hooked up this weekend and maybe find time to go for a ride up a mountain even though that directly conflicts with my plans of "doing nothing" this coming weekend, since I've spent about 40 hours driving all over nevada and california, going to numerous forced social events, participating in a 5k, doing yard work, etc these past few weekends. For lack of a better way to explain it...i'm beat and I need a break lol.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

miltos68wgoneer

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

Sorry to take it here but what about an ignition switch or like powersupply issue?maybe were reading too much into the citcumstances of the event and missing a simple issue. If the wiring in the good doctors is as fed up sa the earlier wagons there the ignition switch is used like a junction box.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Well, i dont think its electrical or spark cutting out because as mentioned the tac doesnt dip or cut out at all, other than just dropping with the actual RPM's
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Hmm. i'm in a holding pattern right now. I may be going EFI sooner than anticipated. will report back in a week or so.