How did you guys mount your Holley Red?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Lumpskie

How did you guys mount your Holley Red?

Post by Lumpskie »

I'll be swapping my cheap Airtex pump out for the Holley Red this weekend and it is shaped differently. So I'll have to mount it in a different spot. I remember that some of you are running the Holley and have it mounted in a spot you like. Does anyone mind sharing some pictures and information with me on what you did? Maybe I can copy your setup rather than reinvent the wheel here.

Thanks,
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

ghcoe

Re: How did you guys mount your Holley Red?

Post by ghcoe »

No pictures, but I mounted mine on the cross member that runs behind the rear axle. I mounted it on the axle side. works great and it is easy to plumb there.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

serehill
Vendor

Post by serehill »

ghcoe wrote:No pictures, but I mounted mine on the cross member that runs behind the rear axle. I mounted it on the axle side. works great and it is easy to plumb there.
I'm with ghcoe.

1980 Honcho 258 4 speed mostly stock with 4 " lift.

WIP

You know the rude dude from IFSJA

1980 Cherokee wrangled & mangled
MSD complete system
Eddy intake
Holley 650
Comp cam 270H
4" Rusty's
Ramsey 12K winch
Built to drive not sit in the garage.

No longer strangled. I didn't build it for anyone else.
If you can't improve it why waste your time?

44bz

Post by 44bz »

Mines inside the frame rail, just behind the driver seat. I can hear it hum pretty good but my Jtruck is so loud anyway (motor, exhaust, creeks, moans, groans) that I don't really notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

In an 89 GW the track bar prevents you from mounting it like Serehill. I mounted mine on the rear of the passenger side of the same cross member. I ran new rubber fuel line inside the passenger side frame rail all the way to the firewall and came down the passenger side of the intake to the carb. I'm not real thrilled with the mounting location. It's ok, but I would like to go back and fab a bracket and put it next to the tank coffin like Full Size Jeeper did. Even so it's tucked way up there and the spare tire protects it from anything hitting it.

Here is where I would like to move it to sometime.

Also, here is an old thread that is relevant. Look at Full Size Jeeper's picture. I'd like to do something like that, especially now that my new exhaust runs directly below the pump.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174215
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
Rusty's 2" Add-a-Leaf kit
31 x 10.5 LT15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires