Hydraulic clutch question

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
racerx12003r1

Hydraulic clutch question

Post by racerx12003r1 »

Hey guys. Been a while since I have been able to get on here and bench race, but things are finally falling back into place for me. :D Anyway, I'm back to work on my old iron and have really made some big progress, but I have run into a slight questionable spot. I am getting ready to mount up a Hydraulic clutch and am having a brain fart on where to set the master cylinder. The unit I purchased is a Wilwood unit from Speedway motors. It is set up to be able to work as a unit or with a remote reservoir. Im sure some of you guys have already done this, so any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
Daniel

1980 J10 Thunderbolt Grease slapper (formerly Beast II)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Hydraulic clutch question

Post by rocklaurence »

I have a kit that I sell but I can provide a bracket to link the OEM peddle to the MC. The trick is getting the correct diameter MC vs Slave.

RockLaurenceVintageAutoParts.com
Last edited by rocklaurence on Thu May 14, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
racerx12003r1

Post by racerx12003r1 »

Thank you Rock. I got a wilwood unit with the option of a remote reservoir. Looks real similar to yours. The release bearing I got came from Speedway motors and reccomends a 3/4 inch master cylinder. So you just bolted to the side of the pedal?
Daniel

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

racerx12003r1 wrote:Thank you Rock. I got a wilwood unit with the option of a remote reservoir. Looks real similar to yours. The release bearing I got came from Speedway motors and reccomends a 3/4 inch master cylinder. So you just bolted to the side of the pedal?
I developed a bracket that mounts to OEM holes on the peddle and captures the rod end of the MC.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Do you offer this to convert stock transmissions to hydraulic, or mostly for swapping in a trans that already uses a hydraulic setup?
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
racerx12003r1

Post by racerx12003r1 »

Well, it's kind of a hybrid or a mutt if you will. Its a T176 bolted to a modified Lakewood bell housing thats bolted to a Vortec 5.3 from a GMC Yukon. I swapped in a 350 from a 1970 police cruiser and had the mechanical linkage. With the 5.3, there is no provision for the bellcrank ball stud to mount, so I opted for a hydraulic system. I think I'm onto something with mounting it. Trial and error. If this doesnt work, then its back to the drawing board. I mounted the master cylinder like Rock has in his photo, but I styled the firewall to point the nose of the cylinder down. If this works, I'm planning a wedge shaped bushing to be mounted between the cylinder and the firewall.
Daniel