MonstaLiner installed

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
j10jim

MonstaLiner installed

Post by j10jim »

So today I did the Monstaliner in my j10 cab. Put on 3 coats. I think its going to work out great!! I have less than $200 into the Montaliner and everything i needed (extra paint brushes, paint pans, etc).

Here are a couple of pictures

If you want a good deal on Monstaliner look at jeep forum.com. I got free shipping and a free quart of Chassis Saver (POR15 kind of stuff).

Let me know your thoughts.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: MonstaLiner installed

Post by rocklaurence »

I like it. Is it a bedliner or insulator?

Topic author
j10jim

Post by j10jim »

Bedliner. Not sure how well (if any) it will insulate. Since I am not going to be running carpet, this should take care of what I need.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.

Atla

Post by Atla »

I've run Monstaliner in my '01 TJ for a little over 5 years now. Since it's a wrangler, I can't tell you much about sound or heat insulation. I don't have carpet over it, so it's exposed.

But it's help up pretty well, I've a couple scratches in it from hauling an axle. And a small spot peeled up from a mystery liquid spilling on it.

I KNOW I didn't put it on thick enough, but I made the mistake of applying it in the sun. It began to congeal so I was getting chunks in it. I only used half a gallon when I should have put the entire thing on. Instead I got two thin coats before it was to bad to continue.

Still, I would use it again. Just in the shade with a thicker coat.
~Atla. (I'm just here for the pictures)
1983 J-10
2001 TJ

My Build Thread - http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I've used LinExtreme on several of my Jeeps. I wont even start applying it unless I have a gallon of Lacqur thinner to keep it from setting up. The activator wants to set up too soon and I lost a 1/2 gallon of it the first time I used it. I recently used the Lizard Skin on the interior and it doesn't wear very well. I'm going to mix some micro ballons with the bed liner next time to see how it works. Lastly, it always takes twice the recommended amount to get the needed thickness. For example: my CJ took 2 gallons and a J10 bed takes 3.

Topic author
j10jim

Post by j10jim »

Monstaliner recommends that you install the Lizard Skin and let it dry for a few days, then lightly scuff it and then install the Monstaliner over it. That way you get good insulation from the Lizard Skin and wear from Monstaliner.

Atia, I used Almost all the gallon I bought for the cab of the J10. Put it on thick (3 coats). I could probably have done 3.5 coats, but hopefully this works. I would probably use 2 gallons on my J10 bed. I might just decide to do Monstaliner and spray it on. But not ready to do the bed yet. Need to get it put back together 1st.
1980 J10/20

Atla

Post by Atla »

That's pretty good, I was only able to get one coat and the second one was getting nasty but I finished it anyways. Ended up wasting a lot.

I didn't use any on my J10, I used POR15 instead. I don't know how well insulation would have stuck to Monstaliner. But I'm pretty confident I would use it on my bed as well when I get to that stage. It's good stuff!
~Atla. (I'm just here for the pictures)
1983 J-10
2001 TJ

My Build Thread - http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722