Wagoneer Gets a whoopin' in the Dukes

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Nutz-n-Bolts

Post by Nutz-n-Bolts »

I'm not sure if this has been talked about on here before or not, but it sure deserves mention. We have all the Dukes of hazard episodes on DVD. While I was watching I stumbled across this scene where they just beat up on this poor old Pig Nose Wagoneer. Story goes the General Lee has been taken to the crusher and the boys get the call from Uncle Jesse while at Cooter's garage. The rest is pure AMC awesomeness!

Taken from Season 3 Episode 1 Carnival of Thrills (A 2 part episode. This is from part 1 )
http://youtu.be/nfV4ZMxOdeA

Ok,I officially give up trying to get it to embed. EDIT: Yahoo! I fixed it. Thanks Stuka!
Last edited by Nutz-n-Bolts on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of all Old Iron

60-79 CJ5 The best parts from several years combined to make one tough ALL JEEP CJ
81 J10 Pickup My newest acquisition undergoing a complete restoration

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Did you mean to embed it that many times?

But wow, they hammered on that thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Topic author
Nutz-n-Bolts

Re: Wagoneer Gets a whoopin' in the Dukes

Post by Nutz-n-Bolts »

Kind of, I was trying different methods to get it to embed. The only thing that ended up working was a link. At least you guys can get to it.

Yeah, when I found this I though I just had to share it. It even got me to down load a great software to pull out the scene and post it to youtube. That thing took a licking and was still ready to go.
Lover of all Old Iron

60-79 CJ5 The best parts from several years combined to make one tough ALL JEEP CJ

90supra

Post by 90supra »

Pretty sure there's also a yellow one in the background as they pull into the yard
The Fleet:
1967 J3000 (258/T18/D20, MC 2100)
1972 240Z (heading under the knife :evil:)
1978 Corvette (wife's HS project)
1987 Grand Wagoneer (Howell TBI 360 HEI, Thorley headers, Edelbrock intake, 727 NP208, Rustys 4")
2013 Subaru WRX

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Oh, I bet the youtube embedding broke after I moved the site over the weekend :/

I will look into it tonight.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

GWag89

Post by GWag89 »

That was awesome!

Topic author
Nutz-n-Bolts

Post by Nutz-n-Bolts »

Stuka wrote:Oh, I bet the youtube embedding broke after I moved the site over the weekend :/

I will look into it tonight.
Not that I'd wish any thing ill on this site, But at least I might not be as big of an idiot as I thought. :P

Yeah the first thing I did was search youtube for a clip of this but remarkably none existed. At that point I dug in and found a great new software for getting your DVD's captured digitally. It's for macs but if anyone need it it is:

Mac X DVD ripper

http://macx-free-dvd-to-mp4-converter-f ... ic.com/mac
Lover of all Old Iron

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Ok, went ahead and fixed it. It wasn't my doing, but YouTubes. When they switched to use HTML5 as default (instead of flash) it broke the old one.

New one works a bit different. All you have to do is put the last bit of the URL in the YouTube tags.

So for the above video, you would put nfV4ZMxOdeA between the youtube tags.

This is because YouTube uses a few different domains for videos (Some are Youtube.com, some are Yout.be, etc). And goes directly to their embed API.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ