LED Headlights

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
jtwthaxj

LED Headlights

Post by jtwthaxj »

Hey guys I found this site www.mrllighting.com on one of my facebook groups seems pretty cool and relatively inexpensive for LED bars and headlights. My question was have any of you tried this site? And what kind of lenses would you guys use with a H4 LED style bulb? Reflector or no reflector, clear flat lens or lens with the ridges ie http://coolbulbs.com/h4-conversions.html

thanks,

Jeff

FSJ Guy

Re: LED Headlights

Post by FSJ Guy »

I didn't see any headlights on that site, just bars.

As far as the H4 conversion, you can get Autopals on ebay all day long for much less.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

derf

Post by derf »

I'm running trucklites in my JK right now. And if I ever get my grill converted over to a razor I wouldn't hesitate to run them in my truck. Sure, they're expensive but they really do a great job of lighting the way.
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

Stuka
Site Admin

LED Headlights

Post by Stuka »

Truck kites are pretty much the number one brand for LED lighting. Been wanting them for my JK for a while. Would be easy to convert a round light FSJ to them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

I too would like to know about converting my FSJ to use them.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Truck Lites makes rectangle for ours. Can be hard to find. Also there are LED capsules that will replace h4 capsules in the H4 reflectors. Haven't found anyone using them yet. Price I saw was $119.00 each same price for all the capsule bulb types.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Topic author
jtwthaxj

Post by jtwthaxj »

he sells an h4 capsule type bulb here on the mrl page, and the housing is up to you. I have h4s and old apc housings, looking for a upgrade for my xj and gw. What caught my eye was the fact that with his lights and almost any housing its still about half the cost of the trucklites... And I thought his LED prices were really good and wanted to share with you guys