Hello from the Great White North and couple of questions

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
CdnJeeper

Hello from the Great White North and couple of questions

Post by CdnJeeper »

Morning everyone

I am new to this site, used to be on the IFSJA site quite a bit but the family time has cut into my free time - what is that with kids :shock: - so haven't been actively working on my Cherokee. Yesterday we had an unusually warm February day and while working outside I kept looking at my unfinished Jeeps thinking I need to get them back on the road.

I started a Cummins swap - body off frame - drivetrain mounted but then life got in the way and it has been sitting for a few years. After assessing the two Jeeps I think that the second Cherokee (still pretty much stock) would be the faster one to finish, so thought I would ask a few questions about using some of the things I gathered for my Cummins swap.

Here it comes...

Question #1 - had a set of Alcan springs made to support the cummins and now wondering what kind of ride quality I can expect throwing them under the 360. My assumptions being STIFF :-?

Question #2 - can't imagine keeping the carb set up on the 360 so wondering just how simple the binder planet DIY swap is. Have set up MS so it has to be easier right? haha

Anyways I will stop rambling. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to reading your responses

Cheers

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the Great White North and couple of questions

Post by Stuka »

Welcome!

They will be on the stiff side for sure with 500lbs less weight up front.

Lots of people here have done a TBI swap, look in the fuel injection area here. Bill from Binder planet is a member here and posts up from time to time. Typically if somebody posts up in the EFI section.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Welcome!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

letank

Post by letank »

Welcome, do you have a bib to keep the radiator lukewarm? a battery warmer, a coolant warmer? all these things that are foreign to us in the south!
In fact a few times I wished that I had a radiator bib to keep the heater at full power.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

The quick road will be quick... But why not get the Cummins swap done using the parts you have ammasesed? It will take longer but you'll be happier with the result. After that you can let those little free time theifs build that stock Cherokee with you.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.