new bloke on the block

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
kenworthslave

new bloke on the block

Post by kenworthslave »

giday all im new here its a hard road doin up a fsj in new zealand we got mostly j20,s here were used as agricultural vehicles mostly spraying etc and almost all flat decks wellsides are worth more than gold in nz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kenworthslave on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

will e

Re: new bloke on the block

Post by will e »

Greetings from Phoenix Arizona. We like to have folks from all over the world. I always admire people on other continents who dedicate themselves to these old jeeps. Finding parts here is hard. It must be harder over there!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
kenworthslave

Post by kenworthslave »

yep its j trucks mostly and they are rare now the price of shipping is the killer a set of flares is bugger all to buy there but for me it would cost me 3 to 4 hundred dollars its quit dawnting looking at all the amazeing parts in america im like a kid in the best toy shop in the world when i see whats for sale in the states i want a rhino grill etc for my j20 cant afford it though got kid and misses that keep me poor lol . the cherokee is only nz new one in country and to my knowledge so far 1 of 3 in nz the other two being left hook and minters mines rough just spent 2k on rust so im getin there slowly :fsj:

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

A friend of mine in Thailand has a Wide track Cherokee that was rusted so badly the flares were gone. He found a local metal worker/panel mender who made new flares by hand. I recall my friend saying the finished flares installed on his jeep cost a third the shipping from the US would have. NZ has plenty of superb panel menders and one might be willing to take on the flares.

By the way, there is a shop in Christchurch that does all sorts of fiberglass work...including a complete J-Truck cab that may already have the molds for the flares.

http://christchurch.gumtree.co.nz/c-Car ... Z606594685

I never got a response via Gumtree, but there was a telephone number listed somewhere on that site.

Welcome to the network!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
kenworthslave

Post by kenworthslave »

yea cheers that glass guy is really in hamilton north island and and is quit expencive but yes plenty od car builders here but waiting lists for all mine arent that bad anyhow. Had them patched now its front seat i need now last owner was uneducated 6 fingered wobbygong lost a lot of parts and broke tailgate window lost the motor for it and threw away the lifting channel so a mission finding all these parts here
Last edited by kenworthslave on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

lol@ 6-fingered wobblygong!
Best of luck to you!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

mud89

Post by mud89 »

Nice FSJs.., the J20' "dropside" bed/PF is typical for a NZ jtruck
J10 81, J10 77, CJ7 80, Gladiator 64, Wagoneer 65, ZJ 5.9
parts vehicles : wagoneer 63, cherokee Golden eagle

Topic author
kenworthslave

Post by kenworthslave »

yea a blokes got to have a mobile work bench can do almost anything anywhere any time theres a vice on the deck to and a roll of number 8 wire onboard always ;)