Jeep Honcho Shirts

Area for General FSJ related chat.

will e

Re: Jeep Honcho Shirts

Post by will e »

Any Updates?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

kyamcalvert

Post by kyamcalvert »

PM me please! My family business is screen print and embroidery. We are out of Omaha, NE, but I can almost always beat any given price. I have wholesale accounts at almost all clothing distributors and can essentially guarantee you that we can find some shirts at a lower cost than what you may be getting, especially if you are going through a large company.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I see this boldly going nowhere but my glasses are pink. :P
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

All we need is the OP to either tally up or give the ok to someone else to do it.
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

For what it's worth, I'd still like one of these. Can we have kyamcalvert take over and print them? What's your price, kyam?

kyamcalvert

Post by kyamcalvert »

Well, what with how cool everyone here is, I wouldn't want to make a real profit off of them. I would say 15 tops, and hopefully 10 a piece. I would have to have payment up front before sending out to print. Likewise, I will need a 24 piece minimum to make the price right. We could do 12 but the price will just not be worth it. I can send out for a quote from the print shop if we have enough interest. We should all agree on one shirt color to do it on - white is always cheapest. Screen printing prices are largely dependent on shirt/design color combos (dark shirts must have the design underbased in white, therefore using more ink and driving the price up, etc.)

Like I said, I would need to get everyone's money together first, but I kind of see that being problematic if only, say, 15 people pay. Know what I'm sayin'?

kyamcalvert

Post by kyamcalvert »

Sorry - I am at work and didn't have a chance to read every post in the thread. It seems like there's quite enough interest to make it happen. If we can get the master list of people in up past 24, I can do it. But, like I said, collecting payment is still the issue. I guess the best I could do is PM all interested parties, keep the money in my paypal, and worse comes to worst refund everyone's cash if the committed number does not pull through. If anyone has better ideas on how to do this or would like to take over and pay for the whole order outright, let me know. I will get a good price and will give them to you at cost or extremely close to it. We are a wholesale company, I am not just an average Joe, so I get a much better contract price on printing.

kyamcalvert

Post by kyamcalvert »

Also - anyone "can" do this. The Honcho shirt design would have to be trademarked and/or copyrighted and you would have to be selling them for taxable profit in order to get in trouble for printing a design.

For instance, do not go printing up Walt Disney logo stuff and expecting to sell a bunch of it scott-free...

But this is totally doable.

Nutz-n-Bolts

Post by Nutz-n-Bolts »

Kyamcalvert,

I'm still very interested in this and would be happy to them for even $20 a piece. Make sure if you take this on you don't lose your shirt. (sorry for the pun) It will be a big effort on your part (especially with a new baby around!) and you should get a little out of it.

I would be happy to send you a paypall payment to reserve a shirt. Just give the green light to the project and the paypall address and I bet you start to see your account fill up fast. Probably should have evaery one post an official commit to buy post with size color and qty, and then have them include that info in the memo area on paypall. Ready to go when you are! :)
Lover of all Old Iron

60-79 CJ5 The best parts from several years combined to make one tough ALL JEEP CJ
81 J10 Pickup My newest acquisition undergoing a complete restoration

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

And I would say since we have a different person leading this now, a new "Jeep Honcho Shirts - Buy them here" thread would be appropriate with the info you need.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

kyamcalvert wrote:Also - anyone "can" do this. The Honcho shirt design would have to be trademarked and/or copyrighted and you would have to be selling them for taxable profit in order to get in trouble for printing a design.

For instance, do not go printing up Walt Disney logo stuff and expecting to sell a bunch of it scott-free...

Thats technically not true. You do not have to make a profit to be in violation of copyright law. However, I am not sure who all currently owns copyrights on the word or logo containing the word "Honcho".
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

kyamcalvert

Post by kyamcalvert »

Stuka wrote:
kyamcalvert wrote:Also - anyone "can" do this. The Honcho shirt design would have to be trademarked and/or copyrighted and you would have to be selling them for taxable profit in order to get in trouble for printing a design.

Thats technically not true. You do not have to make a profit to be in violation of copyright law. However, I am not sure who all currently owns copyrights on the word or logo containing the word "Honcho".

Point being - once you are making money, they will take your money. A group of 20 internet Jeep wackadoo's is hardly going to raise a flag for infringement...

For instance, a recording artist uses a "sample" of another song in their song without permission. Unless you are making enough dough to get noticed, they will probably leave it alone. Generally, it needs to be worth going after monetarily for someone to mess with you. Keyword: "Generally".

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

I'm still in for 6. I'm also game for a Cherokee shirt as well. :roll:
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition