No votes
Every other month
100%

Total votes: 5

Topic author
pyro

FL-FSJ Meet Schedule (input needed)

Post by pyro »

There was discussion at this month's meet as to how frequently we should have our Lakeland get-togethers. Looking for some input as i know not everyone works on the same schedule. Should we continue to hold them every month, or every other month (alternating between sat/sun so everyone gets a chance to come out)?

What do you guys think?
As usual I will include a poll. :P
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: FL-FSJ Meet Schedule (input needed)

Post by rocklaurence »

IMO, every quarter (3-months) would be best. As this will let us track down parts, make plans for major projects etc. I don't think that Hang-n out and putting a new window crank would justify the trip on a monthly bases. :( Also, Saturdays are much better for me. :ugeek:

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

Anyone else have any input?
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

yjsquareguy

Post by yjsquareguy »

As a new FL FSJ owner,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378126352.489288.jpg
I would love to meet some other like minded FSJ folks. I live in Jacksonville Florida but am willing to drive.

Justifies
Emptying
Every
Pocket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob
rob.fischer@matanzasjeepclub.com

2007 JK Rubicon
2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L
1989 Grand Wagoneer

Florida83FSJCherokee

Post by Florida83FSJCherokee »

pyro wrote:There was discussion at this month's meet as to how frequently we should have our Lakeland get-togethers. Looking for some input as i know not everyone works on the same schedule. Should we continue to hold them every month, or every other month (alternating between sat/sun so everyone gets a chance to come out)?

What do you guys think?
As usual I will include a poll. :P
rocklaurence wrote:IMO, every quarter (3-months) would be best. As this will let us track down parts, make plans for major projects etc. I don't think that Hang-n out and putting a new window crank would justify the trip on a monthly bases. :( Also, Saturdays are much better for me. :ugeek:

Ok, I definitly think every other month is doable and needed. Rotation of Saturday/Sunday is fine as well unless its apparent that 10 people need Saturday and 1 person needs sundays... No since in rotation if it just means every other shop day has no one attending...

I agree with rocky, to a point, about the 3 month spacing. However, Im there anyway, so even if no body comes the shop was open reguardless. Only change is I have more donughts to eat. :lol: So for now I vote to do the bi monthly rotation and see how it pans out. If every 3 months seems more resonable we can decide that in the future. Personally, I have a disassembled Jeep with a SHEEET ton of things to do on it; so as far as Im concerned lets do this every weekend or untill im broke... which means maybe another week or so. :lol:

If we do this next meet towards mid october then we should plan to do 3 months for the following because of the holidays and such. For January we can relocate if anyone else would like to host. I know Rocky had mentioned he would like to and its open to others as well.

Since we got a month lets take advisory comments on the date? It can be either Saturday , october 5th, 12th, or the 19th. I know I have a horsehow the weekend of the 25th-27th. But I think The Doghouse is good to go any other weekend. To everyone involved lets be proactive about the date selection. Lets get it arranged far enough in advance that folks can make the necessary arrangments to be able to attend.

JP

Florida83FSJCherokee

yjsquareguy wrote:As a new FL FSJ owner,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378126352.489288.jpg
I would love to meet some other like minded FSJ folks. I live in Jacksonville Florida but am willing to drive.

Justifies
Emptying
Every
Pocket

we would love to have you. Keep up with the postings on this page and you'll be well informed of the when and where.

Welcome!

JP

jeepaneer

Post by jeepaneer »

I will be ready for next jeep day. Three days without rain now maybe I can get the jeep out without destroying my lawn.

Wagnervous

Post by Wagnervous »

I'd like to make the drive from Orlando to see what you guys are up to. I could do 10/19 or 10/20.

Rob, I head up to Jax for work occasionally. We could meet up sometime, if you're interested. Nice looking truck you've got there!

yjsquareguy

Post by yjsquareguy »

Wagnervous, Anytime you like. I am actually headed to Orlando, FL for Special Olympics State Golf this weekend. My youngest son, Cal, has Down Syndrome but loves to play. At 11 years old he can hang with some older "Normal" kids.

I was going to try and get with Rocklaurence on a fuel tank and skid plate but money is not what I need it to be. Got a save another 2 weeks. My older son and I replaced the ignition lock cylinder and did the rear drum brakes this weekend. I taught him how to swear better and he taught me how to figure out how to use a rented Wheel Puller. I work at St. Vincent's Medical Center. All 3 of them. Riverside, Southside and now Clay County. Let me know when you want to meet for a lunch or dinner.
Rob
rob.fischer@matanzasjeepclub.com

2007 JK Rubicon
2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L
1989 Grand Wagoneer

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

yjsquareguy wrote:Wagnervous, Anytime you like. I am actually headed to Orlando, FL for Special Olympics State Golf this weekend. My youngest son, Cal, has Down Syndrome but loves to play. At 11 years old he can hang with some older "Normal" kids.

I was going to try and get with Rocklaurence on a fuel tank and skid plate but money is not what I need it to be. Got a save another 2 weeks. My older son and I replaced the ignition lock cylinder and did the rear drum brakes this weekend. I taught him how to swear better and he taught me how to figure out how to use a rented Wheel Puller. I work at St. Vincent's Medical Center. All 3 of them. Riverside, Southside and now Clay County. Let me know when you want to meet for a lunch or dinner.
Don't waste the opportunity, If your tight on money, PPal me later. 863 397 4027

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

the weekend of oct 19/20 is no good for me (long work weekend), however oct 26th (saturday) works. i know its a bit early...but jp, if this works for you lets get this thing set in stone so folks can plan to be there. :fsj:
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida83FSJCherokee

horse show weekend the 25th thru 27 th.

needs to be one of thw first two weekwnds.

jp

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

12th works for me
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

JeepJ10Laredo

Post by JeepJ10Laredo »

Saturdays work for me, I just need a heads up as to the date so I don't schedule myself for overtime. I can host Saturdays at my place also. I have plenty of room for FSJ trucks, waggy's and cherks. I'm in Zephyrhills, southeast corner of pasco, close to Polk county, Hillsborough county.

Florida83FSJCherokee

Just to throw this out there... My shopmate has a huge design gig underway and the shop is full of all kinds of stuff. Its not an issue to move it for the day but if J-10 or Rocky is wiling to host this might be a great month for it. The doghouse is definitly still available if they arnt interested or availible, but I wanted to throw the idea out there.

I know for myself I have a few things I need to get sprayed in primer and would love assistance setting up the gun and possibly learning to spray from one of you guys? J-10 , Rocky, you got any thoughts on this or would you rather wait untill January for your shops to host?

JP

JeepJ10Laredo

Post by JeepJ10Laredo »

I can more than likely host gotta check with the boss on the date. Maybe to short of notice as my boss likes making plans ahead. I will check in the late morning on a date if possible if anyone wants to come by. If date is possible let me know what everybody wants to do to what.

JeepJ10Laredo

Post by JeepJ10Laredo »

the date for oct 12th works for me at my place, A new thread will be started for it with my info.

Florida83FSJCherokee

sweet!

paint class!!!!

;)

jp

Wagnervous

Post by Wagnervous »

Rob, I PM'ed you.

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

Alright guys...what weekend works best for everyone in march? my schedule will be flip flopped that month so i'm not sure what weekend i am off right now. we need to decide what weekend (and sat/sun) as well as location (lakeland/zhills). post up!
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176