Screw this!!!

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

jaber
Vendor

Re: Screw this!!!

Post by jaber »

Its the little clear ones you have to watch for. The lighter in color, the stronger the venom. Got stung 4 x's in an area the size of a quarter on my shin. Had a hard time sleeping, and couldnt walk the next day. Foot felt strange and hurt. I have had them sting the kids, so they dont last long here.
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

migz

Post by migz »

Looks like small Desert Hairy's. We had those all over the place when we lived in Phoenix. My son got stung a few times when he was a todler. Knowing those are around surely makes you look twice at dark corners and places critters like to hide. It's a real drag when they make it in the house. Damn near impossible to erradicate.
74 Cherokee
78 Cherokee

whowey

Post by whowey »

I have never seen a scorpion here in Illinois.... Lots of Brown Recluses, tons and tons of wolf spiders and even a massasauga rattler once. Those scorpions creep me out, especially the babies hitching a ride.
90 GW CS-130 conversion

blue beast j10

Post by blue beast j10 »

best bug/ critter killer is spray white lithium grease with propane accelerant and a bic lighter just make sure there is nothing else flammable in area and doing a test run outside to see affect is good idea at night does make for nice show also, I live in Colorado were everything seems to bite sting poke or other wise be aggressive (not responsible for outcome if you screw up ) just what I use on the nasty things.
1-79' j10 360/th400/QT 31/10.50/15
if you didn't bleed you weren't working on a FSJ

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

We have them here in Arkansas as well. Found one in the tub the night we moved in to our house. We also have black widows like crazy. Can't turn over anything without finding one or two. Never seen anything like it before.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

ProTouring442

Post by ProTouring442 »

MadMax78 wrote:We have them here in Arkansas as well. Found one in the tub the night we moved in to our house. We also have black widows like crazy. Can't turn over anything without finding one or two. Never seen anything like it before.
If you had a mild winter, followed by the same wet weather we have had in Tennessee, there's your answer. Lots of bugs to eat means lots of well fed spiders means lots of baby spiders! :shock:

tigger4x

Post by tigger4x »

I took a whack in the back by a momma scorpion in Phoenix and she was covered in babies!

Hurt like a B no doubt and didnt let up for days. :cry:

Needless to say she and her spawn will never have the guts to do that again!! :evil:

FSJunkie

Post by FSJunkie »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:cleaning around the garage waiting for a buddy to arrive, picking up parts and tools and trash. i was standing there looking at the floor.

are you effin' kidding me?

looks like i need to vacuum some spent primers out of the cracks....

somebody had a real bad end to their day/life
HAHA! I love it. Roast 'em good! I bet they pop and crackle.

I hate those little bastards, them and those children of the Earth, Jerusalem crickets, or whatever they're called. We also get crab spiders here, which are big enough to cover a silver dollar and move faster than the devil.
1972 Wagoneer: 360 2V, THM-400, D20, D30 closed knuckle, D44 Trac-lok 3.31.
1965 Rambler Ambassador: 327 4V, BW M-10 auto, AMC 20 3.15.
1973 AMC Ambassador: 360 4V, TC-727.
1966 AMC Marlin 327 4V, T-10 4 speed, AMC 20 Powr-lok 3.54.