Rear quarter replacement - BJ's panels?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
AtlantaDan

Rear quarter replacement - BJ's panels?

Post by AtlantaDan »

Finally digging in to the bodywork on my 89 GW and I'm going to start with the rear quarters. The p/s has a crappy patch near the lower edge of the side cargo window and the d/s has rust in the lower corner of the window opening. I'm looking at the BJ's rear quarter panels but I'm wondering if they go all the way up and replace the outer window lip or if they stop short. Does anyone know? BJ's hasn't responded to email questions about this.
1989 Grand Wagoneer

tgreese

Re: Rear quarter replacement - BJ's panels?

Post by tgreese »

The picture on their page does not help?

https://bjsoffroad.com/body-and-exterio ... -panels-1/
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
AtlantaDan

Post by AtlantaDan »

No it does not, which is why I asked. You can't tell - it looks like it doesn't include the right-angle metal under the window for the seal, but I thought someone here would have bought one and could answer.
1989 Grand Wagoneer

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Did you search online for this part? TGW also has panels https://teamgrandwagoneer.com/quarter-p ... 1963-1991/

Looking at BJ's site, I think it's clear that their panel only extends past the lower crease and not up to the window as you desire.

Both TGW and BJ's pick parts from other suppliers and gather them on their sites. There are lots of places that offer a rear quarter panel. Looks like there are two parts available - the shorter panel like BJ's shows and the larger panel as at TGW. Try Raybuck or Summit Racing. Note that there is an XJ Jeep called Wagoneer that will be included in your search results.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.