Front Outter Fender Install tips and tricks

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Laredo Matt

Front Outter Fender Install tips and tricks

Post by Laredo Matt »

My outer fenders are fighting me going back on.

Things mostly line up well starting at the core support going back to the door jam but the bottom bolt at the door jam (there is a little tab on the mounting point that extends rearward) doesn't quite line up with the mounting hole and the two mounting holes on the underside of the rocker panel are off by about 1/8".

I'm having to do a lot of hard pushing pulling and tweaking to try and get them on.

They came off easily. I'm still not able to get the last bolt on under the rocker panel no matter what I do.

Any tips, tricks or suggestions? The core support is tightened, and the inner fenders installed and tight as well when I started. Loosen core support and inner fenders so there is room to move things more easily?

Feels like they should be a bit easier to install and adjust. Right now just feels like things are so tight and there is a lot of stress on the metal to try and get it to fit.
Matt
83 Cherokee Laredo WT
L8T 6.6L, 6L90
GEN III LS Swap (LM7 block)
4L60E

akguy09

Re: Front Outter Fender Install tips and tricks

Post by akguy09 »

Matt, try a spud wrench in the hole, then get a bolt started…..that’s what I did
Last edited by akguy09 on Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1979 Jeep J-10 304/T-18
2017 Jeep JK 2DR
2021 PowerWagon

akguy09

Post by akguy09 »

1979 Jeep J-10 304/T-18
2017 Jeep JK 2DR
2021 PowerWagon

Topic author
Laredo Matt

Post by Laredo Matt »

akguy09 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:19 pm Matt, try a spud wrench in the hole, then get a bolt started…..that’s what I did
I've tried that and for the most part have been successful. Still feels like I'm having to work too hard :lol: I'm down to the last bolt, under the rocker on the driver side, and just can't get. I may try and remove the weatherstripping I added to the inner fender and see if that might somehow help. Nasty little buggers!
Matt
83 Cherokee Laredo WT
L8T 6.6L, 6L90
GEN III LS Swap (LM7 block)
4L60E