J truck owners. Does your rear mirror have reflection from the rear window ?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

J truck owners. Does your rear mirror have reflection from the rear window ?

Post by candymancan »

Simple question. I just put my rear mirror button on my glass using jb weld clear web. And a rear mirror in. It didnt have one.

I kinda placed it a tad high as the visor passenger side when fully pushed back bumps into it dummy me i didnt check this before hand... Cant change it now unless i want to break the glass taking the button off.

Anyway do you guys have reflection from the road in front of you reflecting off the window behind you.. and into the mirror ?

This is my first time driving the truck at night.. and i can see the road lit up in front of me.. reflecting off the rear window.. into my rear mirror.

When backing up with my headlights against a metal building wall.. i then cant even see behind me.. as i see the wall in my mirror.. thats in front of me lol.

Thats weird to me. But i wonder if its because the rear window is so close. Versus a suv
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Yeller

Re: J truck owners. Does your rear mirror have reflection from the rear window ?

Post by Yeller »

Yes it’s perfectly normal for a j truck. Any truck of the era really
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
candymancan

Re: J truck owners. Does your rear mirror have reflection from the rear window ?

Post by candymancan »

Ok just wanted to be sure putting my mirror like 1 inch too high isnt the cause.

Wish i could pop that button off the windshield so my passenger visor doesnt bump it if you push thr visor back fully. But oh well that jb weld clear weld isnt coming off lol.

I tried that one time and it ripped the inner chunk of glass off haha on another vehicle. I used solvents per google and that didnt work at all on that glue
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)