Story of owning a FSJ...

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
sierrablue

Story of owning a FSJ...

Post by sierrablue »

At least in my experience. Mostly it's "Nice IH! Does it have the 345?" But I've gotten "Nice Bronco!" too lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

letank

Re: Story of owning a FSJ...

Post by letank »

Ah, Ah, got parking ticket.... Toyota... sent it back... parking enforcement must need eyes check...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Ive gotten "Hey, is that really a Jeep?" and "Jeep used the Ford or Dodge 360 motors". I just look at them with a Blank Stare. :roll:

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

I had one woman go "Hey, nice Jeep!" and then turn to her friend and go "I know what that is--it's an IH." She must have meant a jeep rather than Jeep..?

Had an older couple squinting at my BJ's billet window crank at a traffic light the other day--only place on the back that actually says "Jeep" anywhere on mine lol.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Jae70

Post by Jae70 »

My line is 'It can climb a tree but cant pass a gas station'.

'75 Wagoneer
401 AMC