Rant About Lazy Online Buyers

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
threepiece

Rant About Lazy Online Buyers

Post by threepiece »

Do these folks have a clue how inconsiderate it is to be so brief with their texting that I have to spend a minute or three of my time to try to understand what it is they are trying to convey? Then me having to text back a simple question to confirm my understanding?

This is a prime example of yet another level of laziness in our society! To what end I ask! Do we not remember our parents or grandparents having to walk a mile or more to school In the winter without shoes!

Most of us have a compact device on our person that allows us to communicate around the world in seconds and some of us won’t take the time to place a period at the end of a sentence.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Harry Dawg

Re: Rant About Lazy Online Buyers

Post by Harry Dawg »

Online buyers aside, this seems to be creeping into every aspect of society.
I remember when cursive handwriting was mandatory curriculum.
Now schools have chosen to focus more on hot button socio-political topics rather than teaching any applicable knowledge.
No wonder we digress from intelligent discord in political and social spheres.
I think people would find great satisfaction if they gave seemingly insignificant schools of study like penmanship more attention.
In reality, language and communication are building blocks of society.
Take the Sumerians for example, which is the first known developed society.
Through their texts, modern anthropologists were able to uncover facts about the history and origin of their society.
Written documents preserve generational knowledge for the whole world.
1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist

Yeller

Re: Rant About Lazy Online Buyers

Post by Yeller »

Unfortunately it doesn’t fit the “all about me”thought process.

There’s no future control in good education….can’t repeat the mistakes of the past if there’s a chance someone might learn from them.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909