pilot bushing in crank?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
jamesdart

pilot bushing in crank?

Post by jamesdart »

im hoping to stick the 700r4 in my 78 wag today. the block adapter has a spacer for the torque converter. it looks like there is a very thin bushing in the crank for the original torque converter. its a 78 quadratrac rig, im not sure what year the engine is. its a reman that the prev owner had installed.

Strode182

Re: pilot bushing in crank?

Post by Strode182 »

I don't know what your engine is, but my 401 had the bushing in the crank for the original TH400, and I removed it to mate to my 727.

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

Test fit it to the torque converter. But I suspect the bushing will have to come out if the adapter and torque converter is designed for an AMC 360 mated to a 727.

Did I mention to TEST FIT the torque converter? ;-)
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

If the adapter goes into the crank, the sleeve comes out. The sleeve will fit the 700R4 hub
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Topic author
jamesdart

Post by jamesdart »

well the trans and transfer case are in. i didnt get to read this for ideas. i removed the bushing and beat the adapter into the crank. didnt think enough to test fit that adapter to the converter. im not sure id be able to reuse that bushing. hopefully AA got the size of the adapter right for the converter with no bushing.