Invasion 2019

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

Re: Invasion 2019

Post by will e »

Hatchet Jack wrote:I'm wondering why there's not much activity going on here...assuming everyone is thrashing to get ready or sitting back feet up and just waiting for time to pass?
Maybe on facebook? It might be a smaller group this year. Who knows... I do know that I am looking forward to the cool San Juan's. The beautiful flowers. Maybe some snow covered peaks. A 420 burger at Maggies. Cooking cheese crisps and other goodies on the trail. Monday morning breakfast and the annual Red Mountain run. Most of all I look forward to hanging out with the FSJ folks. And hopefully no breakdowns!
Last year it was the spring perch on the frame, the year before was a loose spring plate. I have had a fuel pump die and a thermostat stick closed. This includes one tow back to camp! I can wheel a couple of dozen times here in Phoenix with no issues but Ouray seems to be my kryptonite!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

I think it’s gonna be a good crowd with plenty of new and old pleased with the good snowfall should allow us nice campfires and trail scenery dang sure can’t wait

derf

Post by derf »

I'm prepping for EJS in Moab next month. After I'm back I can focus on Ouray more.

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

will e wrote:
Hatchet Jack wrote:I'm wondering why there's not much activity going on here...assuming everyone is thrashing to get ready or sitting back feet up and just waiting for time to pass?
Maybe on facebook? It might be a smaller group this year. Who knows... I do know that I am looking forward to the cool San Juan's. The beautiful flowers. Maybe some snow covered peaks. A 420 burger at Maggies. Cooking cheese crisps and other goodies on the trail. Monday morning breakfast and the annual Red Mountain run. Most of all I look forward to hanging out with the FSJ folks. And hopefully no breakdowns!
Last year it was the spring perch on the frame, the year before was a loose spring plate. I have had a fuel pump die and a thermostat stick closed. This includes one tow back to camp! I can wheel a couple of dozen times here in Phoenix with no issues but Ouray seems to be my kryptonite!

will e, I know your pain. My scrambler is notoriously Mr Reliable. I have wheeled it a ton and never had any issues. This last year I had a wheel nearly fall off on Ophir Pass and then when coming down I think from Yankee Boy with you last year my brakes locked up. Then last year I had all the trouble with the brakes on my trailer as well. Also, had a blowout on the way up. I hope last year was just an off year for me. I am looking forward to some cooler mountain weather and hopefully not having to work on my crap. But then again for the first time this year I am bringing an FSJ. So, who knows what will happen. I may need to bring extra beer just in case.
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
3. Children ( Lane & Dirk )
4. Work
5. Jeep

Man it is hard to keep them in the right order!

85 Wagoneer, 6bt, NV4500, Black Box, NP205, D60 front, Corp 14 rear http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1446
76 Cherokee Chief - Cheap Build - SOLD http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2605
81 Jeep Scrambler http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 301#p97301

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Just booked a reservation for Sat 14th - check out the 20th! :-)
If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

derf

Post by derf »

ross80truck wrote:will e, I know your pain. My scrambler is notoriously Mr Reliable. I have wheeled it a ton and never had any issues. This last year I had a wheel nearly fall off on Ophir Pass and then when coming down I think from Yankee Boy with you last year my brakes locked up. Then last year I had all the trouble with the brakes on my trailer as well. Also, had a blowout on the way up. I hope last year was just an off year for me. I am looking forward to some cooler mountain weather and hopefully not having to work on my crap. But then again for the first time this year I am bringing an FSJ. So, who knows what will happen. I may need to bring extra beer just in case.
Just don't wheel with me and you should be fine. :P

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

ross80truck wrote:
will e, I know your pain. My scrambler is notoriously Mr Reliable. I have wheeled it a ton and never had any issues. This last year I had a wheel nearly fall off on Ophir Pass and then when coming down I think from Yankee Boy with you last year my brakes locked up. Then last year I had all the trouble with the brakes on my trailer as well. Also, had a blowout on the way up. I hope last year was just an off year for me. I am looking forward to some cooler mountain weather and hopefully not having to work on my crap. But then again for the first time this year I am bringing an FSJ. So, who knows what will happen. I may need to bring extra beer just in case.
No doubt! What's worse is I normally do a bunch of maintenance before leaving too!
Dusty wrote:Just booked a reservation for Sat 14th - check out the 20th! :-)
That's awesome! Another 'breakdown buddy' haha. Not yours, but you were riding along in my last Ouray failure. ;) Also, sign up for breakfast on Monday if you are interested. There is a separate signup thread. :-bd
derf wrote:Just don't wheel with me and you should be fine. :P
I don't know, we trouble shot the dead jeep pretty quick on the side of the road. Had the fuel pump replaced pretty quick too. I'll take you as a wingman any day.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Dusty wrote:Just booked a reservation for Sat 14th - check out the 20th! :-)
Good to here. Will see you there.

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

B90077DD-EA18-4F21-A162-ADD1ADC7865C.jpeg
97521F79-B398-4143-B702-A7BF350CF53A.jpeg
8B787290-B760-4D08-B037-6AB01D3ED6BB.jpeg
1FCECA87-305C-4DB5-AC1E-E33B736D5C67.jpeg
First stages of body work will be completed in a week then I’m going to install the fitech and maybe a S10 fuel tank gotta get this sucka high elevation happy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

I like the access panel.

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

that was my buddies idea...I like it as well

j20owner

Post by j20owner »

Well, hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but it looks like I might finally make it to Ouray with a FSJ. Oz, my 84 wag is finally turning into something. Our plan is to arrive Sunday night, but we're staying at a vrbo in Montrose. Wife flat refuses to 'camp'. We're driving her Cruze. Buddy of mine is planning on dragging my 84 and his 77 later on in the week, and we'll hopefully be able to join the group for some trails Wednesday and Thursday.

Looking forward to it!
Tatsadasayago wrote:And here i thought Capitalism was hitting the Shift Key...

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

J10.jpg
It will be a blast up in the mountains this year thinkn I'll bring the 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

j20owner wrote:Well, hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but it looks like I might finally make it to Ouray with a FSJ. Oz, my 84 wag is finally turning into something. Our plan is to arrive Sunday night, but we're staying at a vrbo in Montrose. Wife flat refuses to 'camp'. We're driving her Cruze. Buddy of mine is planning on dragging my 84 and his 77 later on in the week, and we'll hopefully be able to join the group for some trails Wednesday and Thursday.

Looking forward to it!
That's great news! The drive from Montrose isn't too bad. We have a breakfast on Monday if you want to join. (See sign up thread)

Gadzooks2

Post by Gadzooks2 »

We finally have our itinerary mostly inked. Sat. drive to Bryce. Sunday explore. Monday drive to Moab/Canyonlands Tues. Explore Wed. Drive to Ouray, staying at Ouray Lodge and suites down the road from the KOA. Wheeling thurs. and friday, moving to KOA for Sat. night, Heading towards Durango Sunday maybe for some fishing? After that? Still want to get some of the ugly off the Jeep if I get time but shock tuning last weekend went good so I think we're mechanically good. This is a long haul for us from Cali. How far are others coming from?

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Gadzooks2 wrote:We finally have our itinerary mostly inked. Sat. drive to Bryce. Sunday explore. Monday drive to Moab/Canyonlands Tues. Explore Wed. Drive to Ouray, staying at Ouray Lodge and suites down the road from the KOA. Wheeling thurs. and friday, moving to KOA for Sat. night, Heading towards Durango Sunday maybe for some fishing? After that? Still want to get some of the ugly off the Jeep if I get time but shock tuning last weekend went good so I think we're mechanically good. This is a long haul for us from Cali. How far are others coming from?
That's great news! Looking forward to having another Ouray Freshman!

Simba

Post by Simba »

Gadzooks2 wrote:We finally have our itinerary mostly inked. Sat. drive to Bryce. Sunday explore. Monday drive to Moab/Canyonlands Tues. Explore Wed. Drive to Ouray, staying at Ouray Lodge and suites down the road from the KOA. Wheeling thurs. and friday, moving to KOA for Sat. night, Heading towards Durango Sunday maybe for some fishing? After that? Still want to get some of the ugly off the Jeep if I get time but shock tuning last weekend went good so I think we're mechanically good. This is a long haul for us from Cali. How far are others coming from?
There are a few of us, maybe 3 FSJs coming from Nebraska, just under 800 miles. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Simba wrote:There are a few of us, maybe 3 FSJs coming from Nebraska, just under 800 miles. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Google says 871mi from Omaha if we take I-80 out to Brush Co. then drop down to Limon. 859mi if we go through Colby Ks. I-80 to Brush is a much easier drive. Either route we take, its a ways for sure.

j20owner

Post by j20owner »

Shows 859miles down i-70. Jeep will most likely make the trip on a trailer, if it makes it at all.
Tatsadasayago wrote:And here i thought Capitalism was hitting the Shift Key...

Gadzooks2

Post by Gadzooks2 »

We're staring down the barrel of 838 miles so pretty much average for this group it sounds like..

Any other West coast FSJ junkies coming out?