Chrysler retooling in Detroit, may involve the next gen Wagoneer...

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
derf

Chrysler retooling in Detroit, may involve the next gen Wagoneer...

Post by derf »

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 225735002/

While this article is mostly about setting up for the next gen Grand Cherokee with 3 rows, they did mention something about the upcoming Wagoneer:
FCA also recently approved plans to spend six months next year retooling its Warren Truck Assembly Plant to prepare for production of a 2021 full-size three-row SUV, the Jeep Wagoneer. The automaker likely has delayed plans to repatriate from Mexico production of the Ram Heavy Duty.
I wonder if it will actually happen...

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Chrysler retooling in Detroit, may involve the next gen Wagoneer...

Post by Stuka »

SUV sales are huge right now, but that could quickly change of fuel costs jump up again, which its looking like they may.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Yeah, it was oil spikes that made Marchionne (sp?) kick the can down the road 5 times, I imagine it could happen again. Even so, my credit is back up to pre recession levels, so now I just need to double my income to qualify to buy one! Either that, or maybe they'll start doing 10yr auto loans? :P Might get a tax break if I claim it as part of my own burial expenses since it'll have to double as my coffin. :lol:

Even so, and I'm sure the specs have evolved, but I first fell in love the yet-unseen G-Wag when I read that it would get the Ferrari/Maserati V-8. Just imagine, the reliability reputations of Maserati and Jeep combined into one package! :o

But seriously, I don't care what engine or how ugly*, I'm still super stoked and saving up for it!

*So long as it's not made in China.
Turn off your speakers before clicking the video, unless Eurasian techno is your thing. ;)
EDITED>> Because the China market 3 row Jeep isn't as ugly as I remember. I could have sworn it looked like a ford Transit with a Jeep badge, but I was wrong.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

letank

Post by letank »

thank you for posting , now what about, the Great Leap Forward ... for our new model
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)