Interior Lights Dont Work???

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Interior Lights Dont Work???

Post by Fast79Chief »

I replaced the bulbs in the maplight and the rear cargo light, checked the fuse panel, all fuses are good ... but no lights when I turn the dash light switch all the way to the right.

Any ideas what else might be wrong here?

Thanks.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

GrandW

Re: Interior Lights Dont Work???

Post by GrandW »

May be try these steps:
Verify the plug is getting voltage - use a voltameter to verify power is reaching the plug
Verify the light works - unplug the connector, use a battery or power probe to ensure the unit lights up
Verify the ground is good

If one of these aren't good, then you may have to trace it back / replace or repair.... let us know what the solution is!
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Thanks GrandW, I went back at it with a test light and found no power along the wire anywhere. So back to the fuse panel, found a 25 amp fuse high up in the panel was blown. Got past me the first time looking. lol. Now to get the little Map bulbs to light up.
Thanks again.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Check the wiring under the drivers seat... On my 90 the overhead lights bever worked when i got it... the wiring was corroded and the plugs fell apart.. from water leaking in the Jeep..

Cut the plugs off and i had to cut back the wiring like 12 incjes in some spots to get the black copper away and it fixed it
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)