Nikkomat

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
az chip

Nikkomat

Post by az chip »

where is you? :fsj:
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

REDONE

Re: Nikkomat

Post by REDONE »

Maybe he grew an extra neuron and realized pursuing a bachelor's of science is more important than farting around on here! :lol:
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I ain't dead yet, just lurking in the shadows more than usual. Been busy with school and other life projects. Bought a jeep I've been meaning to write a few words about. I actually came on tonight to do that but I don't know if I have time...

The fact that someone posted up to see what's going on is simply heartwarming! This is THE BEST online community out there!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Be advised: Missoula is the gateway to hell. :P Focus on what's important Bro.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Had been wondering myself, good to hear from you.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Tatsadasayago wrote:Be advised: Missoula is the gateway to hell. :P Focus on what's important Bro.
I thought that was California? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

I think Gabe is secretly the Stig :P

Some say he's illegal in 29 states, all we know is he's the Nikkormat :D
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Tatsadasayago wrote:Be advised: Missoula is the gateway to hell. :P Focus on what's important Bro.
I thought that was California? Image

Mic drop.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:I think Gabe is secretly the Stig :P

Truth! :-bd
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Eh, maybe. IMO My little corner of CO was easier to get distracted in. Everything here is so dang far away. It is a pretty spot though.
Grand_Wag_85 wrote:I think Gabe is secretly the Stig :P

LOL! That's Hilarious

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

REDONE wrote:Maybe he grew an extra neuron and realized pursuing a bachelor's of science is more important than farting around on here! :lol:
Funny you talk about that science degree, I've been giving it hell but after some restructuring of the program I'm way far off from being able to graduate. They added a bunch of chemistry (and 2 more general biology classes) which all have math requirements I don't meet. I tried to BS my way through the first chemistry class early this semester but it just wasn't going to happen without the math. After meeting with my adviser I'd be looking at five years to graduate with summer classes or six without filling my summers with math and chem classes. I'm not spending that kind of money on a science degree. A whole bunch of current seniors and juniors are leaving the school over this and I might do the same.

I'm still working through my gen-eds this semester and seriously considering switching my major to journalism. If I do that even with a fairly heavy minor I could graduate a semester early leveraging my community college credits... If I don't leave I'm moving up here "permanently" in an effort to gain in state tuition; which I have been told is dang near impossible without some good evidence of being committed to the state. Going to start a little dinky photography business up here to help sway the review board. An address, registered vehicles, and a business license should really help sway their opinions.

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Don't forget, lifetime registration for vehicles over 11 Years old is only $85 in Montana with no penalty if you take the insurance off to do an engine swap...or w/e ;)
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Don't forget, lifetime registration for vehicles over 11 Years old is only $85 in Montana with no penalty if you take the insurance off to do an engine swap...or w/e ;)
Why can't Colorado get on board with That^^

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Don't forget, lifetime registration for vehicles over 11 Years old is only $85 in Montana with no penalty if you take the insurance off to do an engine swap...or w/e ;)
Why can't Colorado get on board with That^^

I know, right!?
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

Nikkormat wrote:seriously considering switching my major to journalism.
Hey Gabe,

What's your current major?
Last edited by Lumpskie on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

That quote is jacked up, Gabe is thinking of switching to journalism, I'm an engineer through and through! :-bd

Gabe is currently pursuing a degree in wildlife biology, with an emphasis on aquatic inter-species reproduction. :P
Grizzly Locker Rear

letank

Post by letank »

Good.... moving to Montana... I pay more for Cal 1 year registration, then last year San Fran added a bonus $20 for local taxes

As for major....

1) no money in science... unless you make the good stuff... Yes, I am a science major... this is why I fix my own stuff...

2) journalism, are you going to do investigative reporting... no money, only threats to your life...

Go fo the stock market, steal... sorry... invest people's money... dang you need a lot of math... banking... or credit union, create your own bank/credit union and loan $$$ to jeep owners... you can always seize their belongings if loan is not paid... which does not make good friends

I think investing in a bar is the best business, alcohol does not go bad... you hire good looking bartenderette... and you're all set... you can work Thur-Sun.... and wheel the rest of the week...

Making beer is pretty good ... not as much regulation as wine... you can compete with Bud and Miller, their stuff taste like Coors... water with a bit EtOH
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

In the grand scheme of things an extra year or two is well worth it if you're getting the degree you really want.

That policy really stinks. Took me four or five years to finish the last two years of my degree but the requirements I had to meet were those in place when I transferred into the CSU system.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

REDONE wrote:That quote is jacked up, Gabe is thinking of switching to journalism, I'm an engineer through and through! :-bd

Gabe is currently pursuing a degree in wildlife biology, with an emphasis on aquatic inter-species reproduction. :P

Wow, wildlife biology to journalism is a big switch! I'm an engineer, but wanted to be a marine biologist as a kid. Now that it's too late to switch, I sometimes wonder what life would be like with much less money but spending more time outdoors and in nature.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Gabe, don't quit! Seriously, transfer back here, and enroll in the wildlife biology program at Colorado mesa or fort Lewis.
If you can fix jeeps, you can do the math! It takes a lot of work, but once those brain parts connect it clicks! Chemistry is hard, they throw a lot at you fast because chemistry is a "filter" course designed to get those unworthy to drop thier program. It's why "smart people" degrees that have nothing to do with chemistry still require the hard chemistry (usually labeled "principles" instead of "introduction").

Don't get me wrong, I think both of those degrees will end you up working a second job to pay the bills until you find a grant to pay for a masters in education so you can be a high school teacher. Even so, I remember our chats before you left and you were passionate about wildlife biology. Don't give up your passion!
Grizzly Locker Rear