KOA sites for Ouray 2017

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: KOA sites for Ouray 2017

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

shimniok wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:This would stop your snoring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hm, didn't know it was going to be that kind of invasion... ?!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Hahahahahaha... And yikes!

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

srobertsfsj wrote:Hey guys, I am not going to be able to make it this year do to the wife getting let go. If anyone is interested in Kabin 39 let me know by this weekend.
Brutus picked up your cabin Scott so whenever you get a chance you can throw us up on the map. We vacated our basic cabin (I think it was #28) reservation if anyone is interested in picking it up.

We are still kinda on the fence to go. Brutus has sat untouched since Ouray '16. Hoping to get in to the front diff this week to find out what is wrong.
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:How much is the cabin to rent?
Basic cabin was between $50 and $60 per night IIRC. Deluxe cabin is $139 per night.
'74 J30 with some upgrades

tedlovesjeeps71

BRUTUS wrote:
srobertsfsj wrote:Hey guys, I am not going to be able to make it this year do to the wife getting let go. If anyone is interested in Kabin 39 let me know by this weekend.
Brutus picked up your cabin Scott so whenever you get a chance you can throw us up on the map. We vacated our basic cabin (I think it was #28) reservation if anyone is interested in picking it up.

We are still kinda on the fence to go. Brutus has sat untouched since Ouray '16. Hoping to get in to the front diff this week to find out what is wrong.
Basic cabin was between $50 and $60 per night IIRC. Deluxe cabin is $139 per night.
Thanks for the info. If I knew for sure I could make it I think that's more than I'll have.

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
BRUTUS wrote:

Thanks for the info. If I knew for sure I could make it I think that's more than I'll have.

The wife, toddler and infant kinda demand the deluxe cabin. Same price as a hotel room...

tedlovesjeeps71

BRUTUS wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
BRUTUS wrote:

The wife, toddler and infant kinda demand the deluxe cabin. Same price as a hotel room...

I hear ya. I love my wife but I doubt she'd come even if she could. Very much NOT an outdoors woman. Image

will e

Post by will e »

Cool Brutus, I hope you can make it. What days are you shooting for?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

will e wrote:Cool Brutus, I hope you can make it. What days are you shooting for?
I have the 17th to the 21st. My wife's friend got married and he is thinking of doing a reception either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I am also trying to convince my mom and step-dad OR my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to go as well. Waiting on response from wife's friend before we can do much. Also need to get to work on the Jeep.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

BRUTUS wrote:Brutus picked up your cabin Scott so whenever you get a chance you can throw us up on the map. We vacated our basic cabin (I think it was #28) reservation if anyone is interested in picking it up.
Ok, I got you added to the map. Glad you can make it. :)
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

shimniok wrote:
BRUTUS wrote:Brutus picked up your cabin Scott so whenever you get a chance you can throw us up on the map. We vacated our basic cabin (I think it was #28) reservation if anyone is interested in picking it up.
Ok, I got you added to the map. Glad you can make it. :)
:cry: Regrettably the Habrocks will not be coming to Ouray this year! I finally got around to looking in the front end (since running it in Ouray '16) and the carrier bearings are powderized. I have been in comunications with Dynatrac to get a build sheet so I know what replacement parts I need to order. My axle is so old, the spec sheet is not even in their current records so they had to look in their archives!
That said, cabin #39 (Deluxe) is now up for grabs. I have NOT let KOA know yet and would prefer to let them know right before the next person/family calls in so you MUST let me know before you call KOA. I will give it a week or so before I just cancel the reservation.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Aw bummer :( Let me know what happens...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!