2017 Ouray early arrival breakfast

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

2017 Ouray early arrival breakfast

Post by will e »

While maintaining the non-organized and unoffical theme of Ouray FSJ invasion it has become a tradition for some of the early arrivals to particpate in a breakfast on the Monday morning before the invasion begins.

Casey and I, our signficant others, as well as other adventurous early birds participate in and enjoy a breaksfast of Eggs Benedict.

It's mostly a group effort and we don't all get to eat at 'the same time' since poaching the eggs is the limiting factor. But we have a almost perfected the art of several iterations.

Post up if you are interested in joining. This will be the Monday before the invasion.

Planning on attending
Mike-1
Simba-2
Happy Trails-2
firecaptin-2
Riverrat-3
Derf-1
hatchet Jack-1
Last edited by will e on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Simba

Re: 2017 Ouray early arrival breakfast

Post by Simba »

If all goes well...we hope to arrive Sunday evening and a breakfast get together Monday morning sounds great! Let me know what we can contribute.
John.
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

derf

Post by derf »

Making my plans now. I will be meeting some friends from back home (Iowa) there over the weekend before so I'll be checking into camp on Friday the 14th, checking out Saturday morning the 22nd.

So I should be around for Monday morning breakfast.

HappyTrails

Post by HappyTrails »

We will be there
Pat and Noel

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

We'll tentatively be there! Depending on how our pre-Invasion trip pans out. We're wanting to swing by Leadville again, work schedules will dictate when that happens. As of right now we're slated to be at KOA Sunday afternoon and we're in for 2 adults and a 5 year old. She has a hollow leg so just count her as another adult. :)
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

I'm in....need eggs ?

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Yeah, if folks bring eggs that's a big help. I can cover the muffins, sauce, candian bacon.

Also, if someone else has an egg poacher we can do more at the same time.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Simba

Post by Simba »

Don't have an egg poacher but we can bring eggs!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Mike, I think you have been by our place before. If you want to stop by on the way up, we could swing a couple dozen free range eggs your way.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

What time is breakfast? I think I asked last year... But I don't remember. Looking to arrive around 10 Sunday night.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Sometime Monday morning. Not early. In the Ouray tradition it's kind of a 'play it by ear' thing. It might depend on if Casey feels the need to take a shower before or after breakfast. :)

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Breakfast Bump...

az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:While maintaining the non-organized and unoffical theme of Ouray FSJ invasion it has become a tradition for some of the early arrivals to particpate in a breakfast on the Monday morning before the invasion begins.

Casey and I, our signficant others, as well as other adventurous early birds participate in and enjoy a breaksfast of Eggs Benedict.

It's mostly a group effort and we don't all get to eat at 'the same time' since poaching the eggs is the limiting factor. But we have a almost perfected the art of several iterations.

Post up if you are interested in joining. This will be the Monday before the invasion.

Planning on attending
Mike/SO
Simba/SO
Happy Trails/SO
firecaptin/Betsy
Riverrat/SO/kid
Hatchet Jack/SO
AZ chip/possible SO
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Another breakfast bump. And kind of exciting to see 7 early arrivals!

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

We'll be there sometime Sunday afternoon/evening. Traveling light, but I have an electric egg steamer that will poach eggs if you're in an electric site, or I can make them the "hard" way just crack them into the pot of boiling water. I can bring Bloody Mary fixings if anyone is interested!
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

derf

Post by derf »

will e wrote:While maintaining the non-organized and unoffical theme of Ouray FSJ invasion it has become a tradition for some of the early arrivals to particpate in a breakfast on the Monday morning before the invasion begins.

Planning on attending
Mike/SO
Simba/SO
Happy Trails/SO
firecaptin/Betsy
Riverrat/SO/kid
Hatchet Jack/SO
What am I? Chopped liver? :(

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Haha, I guess so! Chopped liver doesn't go with eggs benedict!

Bethann, no electricity. I know Casey often brings a converter, as do I, but they are light duty. Anything with a heating element is going to needs some watts.

Derf, I might arrive Saturday. Maybe we can do a run on Sunday?

derf

Post by derf »

will e wrote:Haha, I guess so! Chopped liver doesn't go with eggs benedict!

Bethann, no electricity. I know Casey often brings a converter, as do I, but they are light duty. Anything with a heating element is going to needs some watts.

We'll probably be doing Imogene or Engineer on Sunday as those are the trails my buddies will be there to do over that weekend. You're more than welcome to come along. :-bd

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

derf wrote:
will e wrote:Haha, I guess so! Chopped liver doesn't go with eggs benedict!

We'll probably be doing Imogene or Engineer on Sunday as those are the trails my buddies will be there to do over that weekend. You're more than welcome to come along. :-bd

Cool, I will make them some of my 'trail side' cheese crisps...

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I believe Engineer is closed for a big slide
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.