What is this and where does it go?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
DaWagon

What is this and where does it go?

Post by DaWagon »

My Wagoneer is apart and I began assembly process. But I have a part not sure what it is for or where it goes. Can anyone help? Wherever it goes it must have been dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will e

Re: What is this and where does it go?

Post by will e »

My guess, and it is a guess, is that it protects the relay block for the trailer harness. Mounts near the back. Did your rig come with the towing package?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
DaWagon

Post by DaWagon »

Yes it did come with the towing package. Thanks I will check into that. For the life of me I cannot remember where this thing went.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

It the bracket that goes on the rear of the gas tank where the fuel fill hose goes in.

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Yup cover the fill hose ends on the gas tank.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
DaWagon

Post by DaWagon »

Thanks! I won't worry about until the fuel tank goes back in.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

jsinajeep wrote:It the bracket that goes on the rear of the gas tank where the fuel fill hose goes in.
Yes, there should be two 1/4-20 studs to slide it over.

will e

Post by will e »

jsinajeep wrote:It the bracket that goes on the rear of the gas tank where the fuel fill hose goes in.
Doh! That's right. I knew I had seen it before. Seemed a bit large for my guess.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge