LMJ20 74 J20 Build

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
LMJ20

Re: LMJ20 74 J20 Build

Post by LMJ20 »

Oh yea!
The extra set of springs before bead blasting

And painted

It's really exciting getting these taken care of. But I think the wife is getting jealous. LOL

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Subscribed! Great build so far!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

JTRUCKSD

Post by JTRUCKSD »

Glad to hear that things are going your way again. And Really glad to see that there is more progress on the JEEP :) Looking good!!
82 J20
Stock

Topic author
LMJ20

Post by LMJ20 »

Quick update, I'm at work.
Got off before 10pm yesterday so I got to do a little work on the truck while my wife mowed the yard. :D

Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

Glad to see someone else has "female grips" on a lawn mower. The build is coming along.
Robert

Topic author
LMJ20

Post by LMJ20 »

Well, It has been a while.....
A Long while since i have been on here and updated anythign on the jeep. The majority of my absence has been due in part to working down by the Texas/Mexico Border and then having enough of having to deal with illigials and shootouts and then moving back to my home state of Alaska.

As a result the truck went to the Mechanic and got a new wiring harness installed and the engine compleatly gone through.
Turns out the 401 was not the original engine. the mechanic went through it and fixed the spun berring in it and got it running. The truck wont go into gear but he suspects it is a linkage issue.
While at the mechanic the radiator was stolen, so the mechanic replaced it with a nice new aluminum one :D

previous to all this I mannaged to get the dash pulled (without removing the winshield) and had it powdercoated a nice shiney black. Then I sanded down and fiberglassed the upper vynle dash and had it re-coverd in a really nice carmel vynle. Im really happy witht the way the 2 tone turned out.
I ran the numbers and it was going to be out of my price range to ship the truck to Alaska so it is now for sale in Texas. In a small town outside of Fort worth called Godley. Give me a shout if you interested in it.
Here are the pictures of it as it sits now.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Man you need to get it finished then fly down and drive it back.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Topic author
LMJ20

Post by LMJ20 »

I would love to. I just don't have the cash to do it right now. Its sad because its almost there.
I just hope it will go to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have.

vajeepj20

Post by vajeepj20 »

It really stinks that you're going to have to sell your J20 after all the work you've done. I'm curious as to what kind of prices you got to ship the truck? When I bought my J20 off of Ebay back in April of this year, it was located in Oregon, so I had to have it shipped across the country to Virgina. Most places I checked were talking around $1500 and up, which considering the distance, almost 3000 miles, seemed pretty reasonable, but was still a hefty chunk of change. Luckily, the seller was a small dealer that regularly sells to people all over the country. He turned me on to a shipper that he uses called DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers). They shipped the truck to me across the country for a price considerably better than $1500. And it only took about a week to get here. For that price I figured it would take a month or more, due to them having to building up a load of cars at each transfer point. The more cars they can put on a hauler the lower the price can be.

The distance from Texas to Alaska is similar to a cross country trip, it wouldn't hurt to contact them for a free quote. Gas prices are even cheaper now than when I shipped, of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Right after Christmas can be a hard time to spend any money, but it would be great if you could keep your Jay. Give them a call, or send them an email, it can't hurt.

Actually, if I remember correctly, their main office, and the guy I set everything up with, is located in Texas. If you decide to give them a try let me know, I'll try to find the guys name I dealt with. It might help if you have a specific person to contact, and can say you were referred to them.

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/