Has anyone used Duplicolor Bed Armor?

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
Adventure_Wagon88

Has anyone used Duplicolor Bed Armor?

Post by Adventure_Wagon88 »

I am preparing to do the interior floor of my Wagoneer and want to go with a quality do it once and never think about it again product. I have used Herculiner before, have heard great things about UPol Raptor and Monstaliner but came across Duplicolor on sale at the auto parts place. Just curious if anyone can share a personal review. Thanks!

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Has anyone used Duplicolor Bed Armor?

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

I used the original duplicolor liner on several projects. I tried the bed armor version once and didn't like it. If I were going to do another I would simply order some Raptor liner and go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Adventure_Wagon88

Thanks, I just read a bunch of reviews and I think I will go Raptor

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Sounds like a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

I don't like Raptor. Used it on the interior of my project and the rockers. I found it's not resilient and will chip so on the interior floor I used Durabak. I plan to recoat the rockers with Durabak.

I think I think Raptor is a urethane paint with a filler to make it thicker for texture.

I think it was Grizzly Grip that I used on the floor of my CJ over 10 years ago. It has held up great but at that time they had two types and I used the one that they no longer sell. I think it wasn't as hard as the current product.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
Adventure_Wagon88

SJTD you're the first person I've heard say Raptor will chip. You said you used it on the interior and rockers but also that you used Durabak on the floor. Where on the interior did you use Raptor and how did that hold up? I want to get the floor done before winter and I'm starting to lean towards Herculiner for that because I have had success with it in the past

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Used it on the pillars, door sills and jambs, quarter window frames and tailgate.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I used the Duplicolor several times on bumpers. I is definately not as thick or durable as the others. More like a plastic paint. I wouldnt use it on floors or beds but I have used it to texture interior parts because it does provide the cleanest appearance

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

No rubberized paint will be a forever solution on a floor. Also, prep work is very important to make sure they go down ok.

if it was me, and I had the time to strip the floor down most of the way, i would use a hard coating like POR-15.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Adventure_Wagon88

Stuka wrote:if it was me, and I had the time to strip the floor down most of the way, i would use a hard coating like POR-15.
I was thinking of using the Magnet Paints Chassis Saver which is similar to POR-15. I used some on a bumper I built for a guy which held up well the few years he owned it, but I also coated a shovel I had with it to use up some of the left over. The shovel has been used innumerable times and still retains the coating on all but the edge of the blade. It's a lot more expensive than Herc, but I don't want to be in there replacing my floor again and I plan to keep this Jeep a very long time

Topic author
Adventure_Wagon88

What about Lizard Skin, any experience with that here? Summit has it on sale and I'd consider lining my firewall with it inside and out to help as a base layer of sound deadening. At this point I am planning to buy a gallon of Magnet Paints Chassis Saver and coat my interior floor, firewall in/out, inner fenders, header panel, and cab-forward on the frame. Then thinking of getting a gallon of the Lizard Skin to coat the firewall and trans tunnel.

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

Monstaliner! I used Chassis saver on the floor of my J10 and then used Monstaliner over it. Looks great, now I have to finish and start driving it. Will do Monstaliner on inside of the bed after I get it running.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

Topic author
Adventure_Wagon88

I did the floor with Magnet Chassis Saver this week