New Addition

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
Renodemona

New Addition

Post by Renodemona »

Well after a few months of searching I finally have a replacement for my old Lincoln.

2015 Patriot Sport 4x4
It's a pretty low spec car (even has hand crank windows!) but does have the ability to lock the center diff and an upgraded sound system. I told the wife I was going to lift it and put chunky tires on. At some point I'm going to put different wheels on and mount slightly wider tires, but that's about it.
Still working on a name...
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

REDONE

Re: New Addition

Post by REDONE »

Very nice! I like the patriots. In a few years I plan to find a patriot or renegade to take over DD duties for my ZJ. We looked at them as well as the Renegades last summer when we replaced my wifes Honda Fit in anticipation of our daughter arriving. We wound up with a Cherokee Trailhawk because we're both 6foot and didn't like bending over to stuff a car seat in the back seat, but I'd still like a small Jeep for commuting or parking downtown.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Congrats dude! Should get quite a bit better fuel economy than your old LS.

Small lift, and some slightly larger tires and they look pretty good:

You can even find some TJ take offs for cheap to throw on:

2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Thanks! Probably not going to do any lifting, but will be fitting larger tires. Has 205/70/R16 goodyears on it now, likely going to 215/70/R16 Yokohamas in the future. About 1/2" more clearance and slightly more all-terrainier tires. Not going to be off-roading per se but dirt roads and mixed conditions are possible. And of course going over the pass in the snow. I joined a Patriot owners forum (because duh) and don't have enough research on the lifts out there to be comfortable with any of them. There's a couple spacer kits and a couple coil/spring replacements but as far as I could tell none of them do anything to help the CV joint angles with the change in ride height. Also, the largest tire fitted was a 30/9.50 which isn't that big for going really really off road. If I'm going deep into the back country, I have Susan for that. If I need to get cereal and batteries in a snowstorm, I have Elizabeth (Lizzy) for that. Also, I paired my phone up to bluetooth for the first time ever. I have crank windows, but integrated infotainment? Because Jeep!

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

DO NOT put a spacer lift on an IFS Jeep! Especially if it's from those thieves at Rocky Road Outfitters. amhik
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

Jeeply

Post by Jeeply »

Nice ride. Have you managed to put on new larger tires in it?

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

I tried to talk my wife into a Patriot and she said NO! They are Ugly. Then I mentioned the Renegade and same reply. Then I showed her the Cherokee and she fell in love. We both love it. It is a real joy to drive and gets great MPG even with the V6. Enjoy the new ride.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Funny story my neighbor bought his wife a new 2016 cherokee last year.. my mom being the owner of the 98 ZJ 4.0 for the past 17 years looked at it and was critiquing it how ugly it was and how small it was specially inside..

Guess what my neighbors wife made her husband do.. they returned it the next day and got a WK2 GC instead LOL
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

candymancan wrote:Funny story my neighbor bought his wife a new 2016 cherokee last year.. my mom being the owner of the 98 ZJ 4.0 for the past 17 years looked at it and was critiquing it how ugly it was and how small it was specially inside..

Guess what my neighbors wife made her husband do.. they returned it the next day and got a WK2 GC instead LOL
"Like"
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Little Patriot is still going well, did put some larger Yokohama Geolandars on it.