Any cheap fabricators up for a small job?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Rockwell B1

Any cheap fabricators up for a small job?

Post by Rockwell B1 »

I may be needing some mounts made up for my new-to-me brush guard. I'm not 100% positive if I will be needing them or not, but I think I will. Right now I am missing a bracket for my front bumper so was unable to test fit the guard, but when I measured the distance between the holes on the guard and the bolts on my bumper they matched up. Again I am missing a bracket so my corner bumper piece is sticking out and wobbly so my measurements may have been off.

The reason I think I will need them though is because the brush guard has the side tabs that attach to the bumper, and they don't appear to have been moved ever. From my research around IFSJA and here, the guards with the side tabs are for the single piece bumper. I also prefer the look and ease of installation of the separate mounting brackets for the guards so yea... I'd rather do it right than relocate the tabs (which I can't do myself anyways as well).

These are nothing fancy and don't need to be shiny new metal, it could be left over scrap from a bumper you made, just so long as they work. I would end up painting them anyways. I would be able to provide measurements. I called around to a few local places and from describing to them what I needed the lowest estimate I got was $50, that is half of what I paid for the guard! And I would imagine these could be shipped in a flat rate box.

For reference, a pic of the mounts I would want:
Thanks Jaber! :-bd

If this is in the wrong area feel free to move it or let me know. I figured since I wasn't sure if I needed them or not yet and this was more of a feeler thread than WTB, general fit the bill.
~Alex

For Sale: 1999 Crown Vic Police Interceptor

Past Jeeps:
1974 J10 LWB 4x4 304 V8
1991 MJ Eliminator 4x4 4.0L HO
'86 MJ X LWB 4x4 2.8L & '88 MJ Eliminator 4.0L

jaber
Vendor

Re: Any cheap fabricators up for a small job?

Post by jaber »

I thought that front end looked familiar... :-bd

I could do it, but it would take me a couple of weekends before I could get to them. Lemme check into it... :-?

IIRC, there were dimensions in that thread I added, but dont remember the difference in width. I do remember there was one...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Topic author
Rockwell B1

Post by Rockwell B1 »

That would be awesome. As I said I'm not in dire need of them yet since my bumper can't even be put back together until my bracket arrives, then once it is together I can test fit the guard.

There were some dimensions in that thread, though I can't remember what for exactly. I'll have to check again when I get around to messing with it.
~Alex

Past Jeeps:
1974 J10 LWB 4x4 304 V8

Topic author
Rockwell B1

Post by Rockwell B1 »

Yup, seems I am going to need the brackets. So whenever you or anyone else who sees this is up for it, just let me know and we can talk. :-bd

For some reason though it doesn't look like the guard bars line up with the holes in the bumper but I'm sure I could make it work. Gotta be better than how I have it all bolted up right now, but I'm not taking it all back apart because that was a PITA getting it to go on around my frame and it's too stinking hot. Now I'm going to go die on the couch for awhile.
~Alex

Past Jeeps:
1974 J10 LWB 4x4 304 V8

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

I need the measurement from bolt center to bolt center and the outside width of the guard, just to be sure.
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/