need a dimension TC output

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
jamesdart

need a dimension TC output

Post by jamesdart »

swapped qt out for 700r4 and dana 300 need to order driveshafts and dont want to make an expensive mistake. i want to double check the location of the tc output, make sure i dont have it too high or too low. im thinking a straight edge across the bottom of the frame rails, measure up to center of the tc output. something like that. the 300 is almost flat with the adapter i used and the shifter mount is throwing me off. its really close to the tunnel where i have it sitting now.

pcoplin

Re: need a dimension TC output

Post by pcoplin »

What are you looking for? You want to get it in the same position as the stock case?

If you have to make driveshafts anyway, stuff it as high as you can go, and measure for driveshafts after it's on it's wheels.
85 Grand Wagoneer 5.2/44RE/NP229
98 TJ 5.9/46RE/D300
97 F250 Powerstroke

Topic author
jamesdart

Post by jamesdart »

I figured set it like a stock d20 setup. The case is almost flat so I have about an inch I can go down before its flush with the bottom of the frame rails. There is no magic number for the angle of the engine and trans?

pcoplin

Post by pcoplin »

Not in my opinion. I stuff the drivetrain where it fits best (for a wheeler as high as possible) and adjust the rear pinion to match. Just keep in mind the overall operating angle of the u-joints when you're doing the driveshaft.

Also make sure you overfill the t-case a little if you're clocking it flat. I would add a sight tube to be sure.

I stuffed my Dodge 360, 46RE, and D300 way up inside the frame rails on my TJ. No problems here.

85 Grand Wagoneer 5.2/44RE/NP229
98 TJ 5.9/46RE/D300
97 F250 Powerstroke