Stuff I picked up from Jake's!!!

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Stuff I picked up from Jake's!!!

Post by nc wagoneer »

Just got home from fsj heaven!!! Met some great people and got some of jackues famous rat stew for supper last night. Thanks for the help Jake, Jake, Jackie (especially the dash!!!), and Tracy (please tell me I've got your name right). So, the stuff I have no pics of that are awaiting pick-up when we get the fuel pump replaced in the Ford are, the cab (only needs rockers and floorboards (a million times better than mine!!!), hood, gas tank, header panel, and drivers side front fender.
Now the parts I do have here,
69 j200 dash
Gas tank skid plate
Distributor, mines pretty shot, this is for until I do the diesel swap
Rear cargo light in good condition, anybody ever done LEDs in one of these? That's my plan
Original a.m. radio in the dash. Gonna have this for the bluegrass and gonna have a new one in the glovebox for the rock and roll
Metal, non plastic tab, mounts for the turn signals, no more turn signals falling out down the road!!!
Better speaker cover with emblem for the new dash
Has the under dash lights for neutral and what's the other for? Couldn't find another nice one in the yard to tell. For the transfer case, right?
Guage cluster isn't bad at all, just gotta take the glass out carefully and decide what color I'm gonna paint the dash
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

[ O o \\|// o O ]

Re: Stuff I picked up from Jake's!!!

Post by [ O o \\|// o O ] »

Always nice to get some parts you need.
I just notice you're putting an Mercedes diesel in your truck.
I always like to read the debates whether or not that's enough engine for a FSJ.
I had an '84 300 turbo diesel and loved it. I towed a trailer made from a late 60's ford truck bed and frame loaded with a 700 lb garden tractor, push mower and all the assorted goodies that go along with them and that little MB engine acted like it was happier getting worked like a dog than just cruising around town.
Let me know how it goes but I'm betting turned up a little and that'll be great motor for you.
My ex-wife sold mine. I really miss that car!

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Re: Stuff I picked up from Jake's!!!

Post by nc wagoneer »

[ O o \|// o O ] wrote:Always nice to get some parts you need.
I just notice you're putting an Mercedes diesel in your truck.
I always like to read the debates whether or not that's enough engine for a FSJ.
I had an '84 300 turbo diesel and loved it. I towed a trailer made from a late 60's ford truck bed and frame loaded with a 700 lb garden tractor, push mower and all the assorted goodies that go along with them and that little MB engine acted like it was happier getting worked like a dog than just cruising around town.
Let me know how it goes but I'm betting turned up a little and that'll be great motor for you.
My ex-wife sold mine. I really miss that car!
I may end up stepping up the gears to 4.56's if needed, but I think my 4.10's oughta work with a 5 speed if I can make sure it has a granny 1st and od 5th. Getting the waggy there was fun since Jake was using a borrowed 2wd dodge Cummins since his was in the shop and it had a bed cap so we had to flat tow the waggy. Removed the driveshafts and front bumper and the steering shaft but the wheels STILL didn't turn. Going on the winding mountain roads and the dodge basically dragging the waggys front end around the corners. Was waiting on one of the front wheels to come off to tell you the truth!!! I figure if they can haul unimogs up to 50mph or so and g-wagons up to 60-65 with no o/d and that's WITHOUT a turbo.
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"