Stock Wheels?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
broncodriver99

Stock Wheels?

Post by broncodriver99 »

These are on my '83 J10 Laredo and can't find pics of any J10's with the same wheels. They look to be factory and have the 3 holes for center caps. Anyone know what center caps would have gone with this wheel and are they for sure factory.

nc wagoneer

Re: Stock Wheels?

Post by nc wagoneer »

Those aren't factory wheels, especially for an 83. Maybe a dealer installed option??? Maybe just aftermarket wheels the dealer sold but definitely not factory.
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

pop one off and scrub the heck out of the back of it. Should find the manufacturer and maybe a model number.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

BGW

Post by BGW »

Nope, those are factory, but they're very rare, and I've never seen them on a truck before. I had a thread on those wheels a couple years ago on the mothership.
1991 GWag, 98K, Silver Star Metallic, Cordovan interior

Topic author
broncodriver99

Post by broncodriver99 »

I was thinking they are factory due to the 3 small holes for attaching a stock center cap. Guess I need to pull one off and see if I can find any info. They measure 15x8.

nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

BGW wrote:Nope, those are factory, but they're very rare, and I've never seen them on a truck before. I had a thread on those wheels a couple years ago on the mothership.
WOW, thanks for the info :-bd And that is the reason I guessed they were maybe dealer installed because I have seen a couple cheros with those rims.
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

Topic author
broncodriver99

Post by broncodriver99 »

Just found a thread on the mothership from '07 with a pic of them on a Wag. Holy cow these things are supposed to be shiny? Looks like I will have a lot of polishing to do. I kinda like the satin aka dirty look better. Still can't make out which center caps came with them. I am thinking the chrome/silver unpainted jeep logo would look best.

BGW

Post by BGW »

Those appeared with the Wagoneer Limited in 1979, and yes, they should have an almost mirror finish. The correct center caps for those have Jeep in the center rectangle, with the semicircle above it being red and the one below blue. I'm not sure how long they were an option, but they are not common at all. Which is too bad really, because I think they are very good looking. FSJs have always had sweet wheels.

edit: these are the correct covers for those wheels:

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Those are Jeep wheel. I took these from an 80 Wagon an put them on my 90 GW. I have 6 of them and had plan to make another trailer put them on it, but no trailer yet. :roll:

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

I have 1 of them. Couldnt find any more, so I got a knock off set. :roll:
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Brizio

Post by Brizio »

You can always look a the part number on them. If it correspond with a Jeep #.

2ToneBluJ10

Post by 2ToneBluJ10 »

BGW wrote:Those appeared with the Wagoneer Limited in 1979, and yes, they should have an almost mirror finish. The correct center caps for those have Jeep in the center rectangle, with the semicircle above it being red and the one below blue. I'm not sure how long they were an option, but they are not common at all. Which is too bad really, because I think they are very good looking. FSJs have always had sweet wheels.

edit: these are the correct covers for those wheels:
Those caps were used on the chrome or white wagon wheels that usually came with wide track FSJs.
They attach from the backside of the rim.

The OPs wheels would use the ones like these that were used on alloy wheels and attach on the outside.

BGW those look to be in pretty nice condition. :-bd
'83 J10 258 tf999 np208 2.73s
It was used like a truck for its first ten years of existence...it now lives a sheltered life.

BGW

Post by BGW »

I meant that the color pattern is correct. Wasn't paying attention to the mounting. I did think they looked a bit different, but now I know why. Learned something new today!

*and I should say I shamelessly stole that photo from the internets...not mine, unfortunately

Also random, but I think theoriginalhoncho has a better eye for style than Madonna. You'd think they'd be a bit....nippy...when cold though :mrgreen:
Last edited by BGW on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
broncodriver99

Post by broncodriver99 »

Cool. Thanks Guys. Guess I need to start hunting down a set of center caps.