Just an intro

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
miamitj

Just an intro

Post by miamitj »

Figured I've lurked here long enough and especially since I just picked up my first SJ from this forum.

Name is Omi and I'm from Miami. IT nerd at a college. The SJ below is my 10th Jeep but my first restoration project. I've been active in the Jeep community since 1999. It's a 1976 that was listed here out of NV and was finally picked up by the carrier and is finally on its way to me.

It's running, no rust on the chassis, and solid floorboards. Interior is shot, minor rust in the typical spots.

Plan is to stop the cancer it has, color change, and do the interior. It's going to take a while but it will be done.

Needless to say, I'm going to need advice from everyone here.

Glad to be here and TY.

Omi - Miami, Fl

1976 Cherokee S AMC 360
2015 JKU

76 Cherokee Build Thread

will e

Re: Just an intro

Post by will e »

Welcome from Phoenix! That's a cool rig and a great color combo but I am excited that you have plans for a color change. Since you have been lurking you know it's a great group of folks and we will help and encourage you along the way. Thanks for joining the community.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge