Floor Pans?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
PlasticMastodon

Floor Pans?

Post by PlasticMastodon »

The floor of my 75 Cherk is in rough shape. The PO did a patch job on it which...works. It is aluminum diamond plate that was riveted to what was there. Basically looks like they covered up the problem.

So, I'm thinking I'll get some actual pans (either from BJs or C2CFab). I'm having a hard time figuring out what I need and where it goes. I'm a visual guy. Does anyone have a diagram of where all these pans are supposed to go? Any help would be appreciated.

toothofwar

Re: Floor Pans?

Post by toothofwar »

I'm in the process of floorplans myself. I can PM you my number if you want and I'll send you some pics of the process. I also have a post on here called "floor pans or lack there of"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Topic author
PlasticMastodon

Post by PlasticMastodon »

That would be great! I'm really at a loss as to which direction to go. On one hand, I want to rip it out and start over so I know it is done right. On the other hand, I want to leave it because ignorance is bliss. I'm headed out of town for a few days, but I can send you some pictures of what I'm working with when I get back.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Id rip that d8amond plate hack job out.. and do it right. My floors werent as bad as toothofwar was where he had to replaced the entire floor. I had like 6 or 7 patchs to cut out and weld new steel in.. the worst were the giant holes by the bench seat before it goes up one step.. had to fab my own section there.. Rivetting is for people who dont want to learn to weld.. kinda like people who use fiber glass lol.

I litterally got a 90A flux welder from hsrbor freight.. watched videos and went to town
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

This thread may be of interest: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15485
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.