Not so lucky after all....

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
deckroid

Not so lucky after all....

Post by deckroid »

Hey all,

So I was all set to be part of the JPMagazine Dirt n Drive 2019... had my ticket, my hotels, my Grand Wagoneer packed with off road goodies - radio, recovery kit, first aid, ugh.. a new 4 inch lift, new radiator and hoses... Aw... it was gonna be SO sweet... 4 days with Rick Pewe and 98 other Jeep Guys.

Then my transfer case decided to poop the bed. It just will NOT go into 4WD. When I move the selector, I hear the vacuum line take hold like normal but ... no go. 2WD only. Bonus, when I put it in reverse NOTHING works. The rpms go up, and the shafts move but there is no engagement. I put it in 4WD LO and the back wheels clunk into place (again, like normal) but the fronts don't wanna spin. The drive lines do but there nothing. I jacked it up off the ground and tested. In 4 LO, reverse will work though.

I have replaced about a mile of vacuum line. When dinking with the radiator, we replaced all fluids... axle, tranny, everything. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It gonna end up being either something really stoopidly obvious... Hey, this $2.50 part will fix it... or well over 800 bucks.

Dayum, this is just killing me.
1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).

bigun

Re: Not so lucky after all....

Post by bigun »

Bummer man
Sometimes the Demon Murphy just has to screw with you