Anybody Know This Super Wagoneer?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
WagScribe

Anybody Know This Super Wagoneer?

Post by WagScribe »

Anyone know anything about these two Supers? I ran across these images in several places online. No context with the images but the rusty derelict has North Dakota plates. I would LOVE to get the VIN for these because I am trying to get an approximate timeframe for the appearance of the mag style hubcaps, which both of these have. Also, the white one doesn't have the vinyl top, but it was most likely removed since it has the short drip rails. Neither appear to have gunsights and tha's another data point I would like to narrow down. Oddly, 1414D300093 has gunsights.

Rich Truesdell's was 1414D300040 (March 1968 build) and it had the mag hubcaps. Rich swears they were original to the Jeep and I accept that at face value... so far. Truesdells didn't have gunsights either but sometimes it's hard to know if they were removed for the repaint or just were never there.
Thanks for lookin' fellas!
Series 2, Mag, no gunsights.jpg
Rusty Blue Series 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Allen
Keeping the Good Old Days of Four-Wheeling Alive

66stepside

Re: Anybody Know This Super Wagoneer?

Post by 66stepside »

The blue one is in Canada, or so the urban legend goes, just North of Washington State. The owner has no interest in selling, or parting it out and will shoot at trespassers, as the urban legend goes.

Sometimes you can do a reverse image search and get the embedded GPS tag on a photo- if it was a digital pic to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The blue one is in Canada, or so the urban legend goes, just North of Washington State. The owner has no interest in selling, or parting it out and will shoot at trespassers, as the urban legend goes.

Sometimes you can do a reverse image search and get the embedded GPS tag on a photo- if it was a digital pic to begin with.

Topic author
WagScribe

Post by WagScribe »

Now that you mention it, it has Saskatchewan plates. No data on the pic but I found it at several places so the metadata is probably lost. The guy let people get close enough to bust out windows. Typical deranged hoarder, I guess. I could tell you about a '54 Chevy sitting next to a barn I wanted to buy when I was in high school.... in the '60s. Guy wouldn't sell.Going t fix it up. I go into the Army. Come back some years later. Still there, still won't sell. Go back 10 years later, still there, though I didn't want to buy it any more. I saw it again 25 years later. The guy is dead. Car is dead. Son still won't sell it (as if anyone would want to buy it after sitting there rotting for 25 years) and say's he's going to fix it up.
Jim Allen

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

WagScribe wrote:Now that you mention it, it has Saskatchewan plates. No data on the pic but I found it at several places so the metadata is probably lost. The guy let people get close enough to bust out windows. Typical deranged hoarder, I guess. I could tell you about a '54 Chevy sitting next to a barn I wanted to buy when I was in high school.... in the '60s. Guy wouldn't sell.Going t fix it up. I go into the Army. Come back some years later. Still there, still won't sell. Go back 10 years later, still there, though I didn't want to buy it any more. I saw it again 25 years later. The guy is dead. Car is dead. Son still won't sell it (as if anyone would want to buy it after sitting there rotting for 25 years) and say's he's going to fix it up.

I’ve seen, heard and dealt with the scenario on more than one occasion. He probably shoots now due to all broken windows.

There are j trucks in this area that is rotting away, one of which has the ultra rare quad head light set up. Then there’s the FC170 dually also rotting away in the area, too. It’s a shame.

Topic author
WagScribe

Post by WagScribe »

I've Identified the intact Super as a '68 Series 2, 1414D-300093. This was in it's early bone stock days around 2004. It's since been resto-modded and has sold a couple of times for big bucks.
Jim Allen