The Mothership is Back!

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Fugly78

The Mothership is Back!

Post by Fugly78 »

For those who haven't checked yet, IFSJA is back up and running. For those that are interested, I was looking for some way to archive the information on the site (at least for my own use). After some pretty easy searching, I found a free program (open source software, free for all) called HTTrack (just run a google search for it). This program takes a site and copies every page, picture and link from a main homepage and will save it to your home computer hard drive so you can read to your heart's content without even connecting to the internet!

I had started thinking about something like this earlier this week when IFSJA went down. Had a feeling it would come back up at some point, but wanted to get all of the info I could out of it before it was gone for good. I started saving the pages for the tech articles, but it was really slow and cumbersome. I stumbled across this program this morning.

The interface of the program isn't the easiest, but I kinda stumbled through it and it is working fine scanning each page of links. I am not sure how searching will work for finding specific things, but at least we can have the info we don't want to lose...
Josh Weathers
Gates, Oregon - Gateway to the Cascades

1978 Cherokee Chief (Widetrack) - Soon to have: 383w/TPI Intake/700R4/NP241C - Future Driver
1984 J10 - 360/TF727/NP208 - SOLD

66stepside

Re: The Mothership is Back!

Post by 66stepside »

Well, I guess I can stop edit-copy-pasting from "FSJ's in the movies" from the archives I had in cache! Lol. :P

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

66stepside wrote:Well, I guess I can stop edit-copy-pasting from "FSJ's in the movies" from the archives I had in cache! Lol. :P
I would keep going.
To the best of my knowledge no Admin's are returning and probably very few Mod's.
Sorry, the talent has essentially left the room.
Happy Wabbit Day,
Tad
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

npd811

Post by npd811 »

I think this is my FSJ home now. I appreciate all of those who kept the IFSJA lights on for all those years, but last weeks blackout was a wake-up call. This place will grow with time.
1963 J200
1973 J4000
1982 J20

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I likes the looks around this place......................... Plenty of room to stretch out.

WAIT!

What the heck is that thing from the center of the universe?

YIKES! RUNAWAY!!!!!!!!!! :P
If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

Ristow

Post by Ristow »

don't look it in the eyes!
It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Wagnstuff

Post by Wagnstuff »

thats awesome that you were able to get it up again! its a huge resource for me!!!!! b ut i'll be posting here as well, I like everyone on both forums ( yeah, many are on both)
1989 jeep GW, 3" lift, fuel injected 408 ci crate motor, air locker rear

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Tad wrote:
66stepside wrote:Well, I guess I can stop edit-copy-pasting from "FSJ's in the movies" from the archives I had in cache! Lol. :P
I would keep going.
To the best of my knowledge no Admin's are returning and probably very few Mod's.
Sorry, the talent has essentially left the room.
Happy Wabbit Day,
Tad

That is very good information to know for many reasons. I'll keep plugging away at the cache. And see if there's anything on my panel build page I want to keep.

Topic author
Fugly78

Post by Fugly78 »

I had no idea how much information was on the IFSJA website. So far this website copying program has been running for 1 day, 3 hours, and 2 minutes and is taking up 6.94 GB of space on my hard drive. The current files it is working on is some .mov files from ttsfabworks.com that were posted on the website.

It seems to grab everything that is linked on the site as well, pictures, movies, web links, etc. It;s pretty impressive for a piece of free software. I'll let everyone know when I have everything. I have no idea what I will do with it when I am done, but maybe there will be a way to copy some info to here without violating any knowledge infringements or whatever. In the meantime, the wealth of knowledge that was IFSJA will still be secured for the future! :ugeek:
Josh Weathers

1978 Cherokee Chief (Widetrack) - Soon to have: 383w/TPI Intake/700R4/NP241C - Future Driver

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Fugly78 wrote:I had no idea how much information was on the IFSJA website. So far this website copying program has been running for 1 day, 3 hours, and 2 minutes and is taking up 6.94 GB of space on my hard drive. The current files it is working on is some .mov files from ttsfabworks.com that were posted on the website.

It seems to grab everything that is linked on the site as well, pictures, movies, web links, etc. It;s pretty impressive for a piece of free software. I'll let everyone know when I have everything. I have no idea what I will do with it when I am done, but maybe there will be a way to copy some info to here without violating any knowledge infringements or whatever. In the meantime, the wealth of knowledge that was IFSJA will still be secured for the future! :ugeek:

I hereby allow you to copy and republish all original content originally published by myself under the screen name "REDONE", provided it is done so in context and with credit due. ;)
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

jeepguy77

Post by jeepguy77 »

I seem to only get the mother ship to open on my iPhone. It's not working on my PC.
Pierce,
77 J10 360 4bbl, T18, D20, HEI, Holley carb, Performer intake, Thumpr Cam, headman headers, dual exhaust, auburn limited slip, hydroboost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vRyBFqnx0

Topic author
Fugly78

Post by Fugly78 »

Well, it completed it's copying sometime last night. Looks like the program even compressed some files. Total of about 3.5 GB! Woohoo! An archive of everything on IFSJA.org as of yesterday.

Proud of my geekiness!
Josh Weathers

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

jeepguy77 wrote:I seem to only get the mother ship to open on my iPhone. It's not working on my PC.
If you put in a custom DNS file last summer when it went down, thats your issue. You need to remove that as the servers IP changed for some reason. Possibly because it is now in a new home.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

jeepguy77 wrote:I seem to only get the mother ship to open on my iPhone. It's not working on my PC.
Maybe... Just maybe that is a hint. :P
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

jeepguy77

Post by jeepguy77 »

Stuka wrote:
If you put in a custom DNS file last summer when it went down, thats your issue. You need to remove that as the servers IP changed for some reason. Possibly because it is now in a new home.
Okay, I'll look into it.
Flint you may be on to something.
Pierce,
77 J10 360 4bbl, T18, D20, HEI, Holley carb, Performer intake, Thumpr Cam, headman headers, dual exhaust, auburn limited slip, hydroboost.

bruner1981jpce

Post by bruner1981jpce »

Stuka wrote:
Could you remind us how to undo that?
Andy
1981 Cherokee Laredo W/T 258/Weber 32/36 DGEV/T176/NP208 2" front springs with new stock rear springs and 2 1/2" blocks, sitting on 31's
Build Thread: http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2281

Jamesdangerman

Post by Jamesdangerman »

newer member, cant register on ifsja, looks like this is going to be my fsj home!
'89 GW 4" spring lift Ski Wagon/fun driver

jeepguy77

Post by jeepguy77 »

Yeah I tried to figure it out. But I can't remember.
Pierce,

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Not sure which method you used to add it. But you can check here.

Go here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

And open "hosts" with notepad.

Remove the line that contains IFSJA, hit save, reboot.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Fugly78 wrote:... The current files it is working on is some .mov files from ttsfabworks.com that were posted on the website...
Those files are all available here in the Las Cruces thread for anyone to download.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project