Flexibility

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
lvnlrge63

Flexibility

Post by lvnlrge63 »

Is it possible to make a FSJ flexible and still have good road manners? If so I’m assuming an SOA?

will e

Re: Flexibility

Post by will e »

Leaf springs are the limiting factor. You can only get so much flex and travel.

Welcome to the board. (I noticed it is your first post).

My SOA/SF has some custom Alcan springs. It's pretty flexible but I would debate if it has 'good' road manners. I am running 37" tires so that doesn't help on the road and there is a lot of wheel play which makes it interesting. I wouldn't want to drive it 500 miles in a day.
It was a bit better with the 35's. I am also sporting a bunch of extra weight so that impact the road manners. (See my sig for details).

I think a good question is what are you thinking of doing with the rig? Are you going to do some mild off roading or are you thinking of something more towards hard core? Are you concerned about body damage or hesitant to do fender cutting? There are lots of ways to go.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge