Electric window trak

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Fatchk

Electric window trak

Post by Fatchk »

:shock: I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for fixing the broken window trak on an electric window... I have bought the crown brand trak that you can get from Morris 4x4 2 times and both times they broke in the same spot within a month the first one and a week the second one... I don't want to keep replacing this as the only window that needs this is the driver's window all the others work no problem .

I have a 1989 Jeep Grand wagoneer by the way.

Thank you

SJTD

Re: Electric window trak

Post by SJTD »

I have read that the ones BJ's sells are superior.

I thought yours would have the newer version that didn't have the plastic track.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
Fatchk

Post by Fatchk »

Apparently the newer style tracks are only on the 91 from what i know of from trying to figure something out to fix the tracks on my jeep. so i'm not sure really. Will look at BJs and see if they are different then the Crown ones which i hope is true tired of having a taped up window.

letank

Post by letank »

the better tracks are those sold not rolled in a pack. BJs and chryco sellers ship the track not rolled up, but straight. Also make sure that your guide track is clean and devoid of any oxydation.
The flex track seems to break on cold weather, being anything below 50F from my experience.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

90-91 are the only two years with metal tracks
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

deckroid

Post by deckroid »

I have replaced 4 of them so far. I would say that the BJs seem to be of better quality and you dont have to trim them. To start it on the track you have to cut the first tooth off the TeamGrandWagoneer's plastic track. I have a post somewhere about fixing the track... I used a youtube vid and someone else's post to learn about it. I will try to find it...

***EDIT***

Found it... it's on the other site. http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=180973

I used TGW's tracks for this. You can see that the ends aren't the same, but it still works fine. BJS are exact copies and also work fine.

***EDIT EDIT***

If you can't see the photos due to PHOTOBUCKET and their horse hockey... go here... https://tinyurl.com/yd8nx2j6

this fixes the issue for chrome, but also has a link for firefox
1984 Grand Wagoneer. V8 360 stock. Mostly original. Repainted 2018 with original Nordic Green Metallic (Flake).